• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits going on holiday.....

rachelsawyer

Warren Scout
Hi Guys

Its probibly been posted on here loads of time but wanted to know who i can keep my buns as stress free as possible?

I am going on holiday for a week and taking the buns to my mums and she will be looking after them. They have thier holiday hutch there with an attatching run. So this is going to be a new enviroment to them.

I am going to take thier litter tray, toys, bowls, bottle and was also going to take some of their poop and wee to my mums.

What other precautions can i take to make them feel as comfortable as possible.

The buns are rescue buns, extremely nervous and jump at any thing, when they had thier myxi jabs they went into stasis. So i am concerened about stress levels and to avoid this happening again.

Sorry its a long thread. :oops::oops::oops:

Sounds like you've just about got it all covered to be honest. If they are used to be handled or coming up to you, the only other thing you could possibly do is put a towel with your scent in, in for them, so they have your familiar scent with them too.

We often find though that owners can get more stressed than their buns about leaving them. After 10 minutes or so of thumping whilst they explore their new environment, most of the buns that come here just hop in to the hay and start munching or play with the toys.

I'm sure your buns will be fine - Enjoy your holiday:D

Sounds like you've just about got it all covered to be honest. If they are used to be handled or coming up to you, the only other thing you could possibly do is put a towel with your scent in, in for them, so they have your familiar scent with them too.

We often find though that owners can get more stressed than their buns about leaving them. After 10 minutes or so of thumping whilst they explore their new environment, most of the buns that come here just hop in to the hay and start munching or play with the toys.

I'm sure your buns will be fine - Enjoy your holiday:D

thanks for that i think the towel thing is a good idea but im concerned that they will nibble it and the threads get in their stomach? They pratically nibbble everything:lol:

you are right though i am really stressed, i am also stressed for the cat as he is going to the cattery but hes never been before, :cry::cry:

Hi Rachel.

Sounds like you have got it all covered. The most important thing for them is to be together - a small amount of 'stress' can often make a bond much stronger anyway. So long as they have their own trays etc with their own scent (which you have already mentioned) then they should be fine.

Is your mum local to you in Bracknell? If she needs any help while you are away, she can always get in touch with me Rachel, just in case.

Have a great holiday.

Helen

Hi Rachel.

Sounds like you have got it all covered. The most important thing for them is to be together - a small amount of 'stress' can often make a bond much stronger anyway. So long as they have their own trays etc with their own scent (which you have already mentioned) then they should be fine.

Is your mum local to you in Bracknell? If she needs any help while you are away, she can always get in touch with me Rachel, just in case.

Have a great holiday.

Helen

Hi Helen

How are you?

They will also share the really big pet carrier together, i wouldnt put them in sperrate carriers, so they will be together when travelling. Which is good.

My mum lives in Earley which is at the bottom of the A329, if you head into reading so it would only take her 20 mins to get to the vets in Harmanswater. So good job she isnt miles away!
That would be really kind of you Helen, like you say just in case anything does happen. Would you be able to PM me your contact number?

I have given her the vets contact details, she knows where it is as i used to live in the road opposite. She has been with me when these 2 went into stasis. I have given her my insurance paper work just in case, I have notified the vets about my absence and that my mum is looking after them. Is there anything else i need to do.

She is clear on feeding and cleaning routines. Thanks Helen
:D x

As the others have said it sounds like you are very clued up about what to take to your mum's to keep your bunsters happy :) and I'm sure both they and you will have a lovely holiday. It sounds like your mum is the ideal person to care for them and I'm sure she will have a great time too!

my two didnt care when i left them yesterday :cry::cry::cry:

after a bit of fuss they went into thier holiday home and sat in the litter trays.. alvin went humpin crazy and that was me forgotten :cry::cry:

i was deffo more stressed than my angels at leaving them :oops:

Back