• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Plants in the Shade? What are some good kinds?

Nessa

Young Bun
My dad and I are fixing up his play house and we are adding on a run. We haven't built the run yet because I can't decide if I'm just using the exercise pens or if I'm going for the mesh wire and wood. Anyways, it's in shade mostly so the plants have to be shade-friendly :D. While fixing it up we mostly killed the grass so I was wondering what plants to grow.

I have planted four raspberry (who knew raspberry had a p :shock:) plants so far. I was thinking 1/4 grass and then some romaine lettuce, parsley, carrots, endive, and dandelion leaves. These are his favorite kinds. He already has his own garden but he tends to dig up all the plants LOL! Silly Earl :love:. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking for hardy plants that would survive in the winter. It gets to probably 40 coldest here mostly in the 50s and in the 70s and 80s in the summer, sometimes 90s. Probably colder in the shade. Thanks!!

Vanessa

ps- Earl is going in to get neutered tomorrow, wish him luck!

Back