• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poo chain!

Woodlouse

Mama Doe
:wave: Have just been to clean out Sienna and Dudley's tray ... only to be greeted by an almost perfect poo necklace :shock: 11 poos all linked together :shock: Have seen two or three before, but ELEVEN?!?! :shock:

It's definitely fur linking them together, white fur although it could be Dudley's from grooming himself or Sienna grooming him (cos she LOVES him!). Both buns are absolutely fine, scoffing loads of hay and bounding around.

Anyway, question is ... is there anything I should do to prevent this becoming a problem and potentially lead to stasis? They have 2x Treat-ums for hairballs twice a week.

All suggestions/comments/advice gratefully received. Thanks!

If you're interested (?!) this is the "necklace"! ....
poo.jpg

Wow, that is errr... mega :lol:

Are you grooming them as well? Are they eating lots of hay? Some people find that oxbow papaya tabs help (I do) and also maybe a little fresh pineapple might help.

:wave: hiya. my shauny had that (not as long as 11 tho:shock:).
think its plently of water, and hay. probs loads more stuff tho, so im sure someone will help.

Yep, they eat LOADS of hay and have been on grass every evening this week so far and most of weekend. They have a bowl AND a bottle for drinking and do drink plenty. It's not like either of them is particularly long-haired - Dudley is lionhead cross but not exactly fluffy. Grooming them is a good idea tho :) And will give them some pineapple.

Yep, they eat LOADS of hay and have been on grass every evening this week so far and most of weekend. They have a bowl AND a bottle for drinking and do drink plenty. It's not like either of them is particularly long-haired - Dudley is lionhead cross but not exactly fluffy. Grooming them is a good idea tho :) And will give them some pineapple.

Definitly help with the grooming and a little pineapple should make a difference too, you can use fresh or juice not from concentrate in a syringe! Most buns like it :)

You can get the papaya tabs from the hay experts but I think you will prob find a difference when you help with the grooming :)

Sophie always malts loads even more then when we had Rudy - and he had all the fluff :lol:

OH tells me there's a thread about the longest poo chain?! If anyone can locate it for me then I think tonight's discovery definitely deserves a mention!! :lol: x

:shock: OMG you might be able to enter the guinness book of records with that:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was going to post about this subject! This morning I found 7 poos stringed together, I didn't think to take a picture though :roll::lol:
Think I'm going to have to up the grooming.

Wow !! :lol::lol::lol: I'm sure I've read that its nothing to worry about as its obviously 'coming through' :D:wave: x

peanut had one hanging from his bumt his morning :? :? :? really disgusting...was fifteen poo all strung together, i saw him running round th ehutch with a little trail!

:shock::shock: that is impressive......but gross :shock::shock:

mine love a bit of pineapple, except for rosie but she never bothers to groom the others and doesn't groom herself much & I've never seen her have stringy poo so she's ok.

peanut had one hanging from his bumt his morning :? :? :? really disgusting...was fifteen poo all strung together, i saw him running round th ehutch with a little trail!

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh that did make me giggle!! You must have thought "What the...?!" :lol:

Back