• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding dilemma

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
My poor Crunchie died on Saturday, leaving Dixie on his own. The poor little chap seems a bit miserable on his own and I haven't seen him do any binkies since the weekend :(

I'm *thinking* about bonding Dixie with my other dental bunny Abby. Abby has lived with her mum Smokey all her life (about 5 years). Unfortunately Smokey is very dominant and bullies poor Abby, as well as eating most of the food :roll:

Would it be cruel to split up the mum/daughter pair, especially as it would leave Smokey on her own at 6 years of age?

Would you be brave enough to try a trio?

Funnily enough I've been thinking about a trio.

The 2 girls did used to be part of a trio, but the male bun was quite a lot older than them and died about 5 years ago. The presence of a third bun used to make Smokey bully Abby even more, but the male bun was boss, and he would put her in her place if the bullying got really bad. TBH I'm not sure that Dixie would have the authority to control 2 bolshy females :? :lol:

Funnily enough I've been thinking about a trio.

The 2 girls did used to be part of a trio, but the male bun was quite a lot older than them and died about 5 years ago. The presence of a third bun used to make Smokey bully Abby even more, but the male bun was boss, and he would put her in her place if the bullying got really bad. TBH I'm not sure that Dixie would have the authority to control 2 bolshy females :? :lol:

Their personality's change though. Smirnoff & Chocolate used to fight when i tried to bond as a pair, but when I got the group of 13, they were 2 of the closest - about a year later:love:

Back