• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bromelain tablets

gil

Mama Doe
hi
i've read lots of folk give these to their buns. i went to my local health food store and they had one at 400mg and one at 40mg. which would be the best dose for buns?

thanks!

:wave: hi what are bromelain tablets used for? :D

bromelain is the pineapple enzyme - it dissolves mucous surrounding the gut contents, so that water can soak into it and keep it all passing through nicely - important if the bunny is moulting as it can all slow down and start to dry out otherwise

bromelain is the pineapple enzyme - it dissolves mucous surrounding the gut contents, so that water can soak into it and keep it all passing through nicely - important if the bunny is moulting as it can all slow down and start to dry out otherwise

:D Thankyou.x

I would recommend this as I have had purchase some yesterday for my bunny who wasn't pooping, on the advice of Elve (thank you!) and he loved it too. He seems to be doing better now :) They're only £3.50 from H&B

I've been giving Bertie these at moulting time for a few months, after Elve recommeneded them, and he likes them and they certainly unblock him. I can tell pretty quickily now when he's feeling uncomfortable, and within 1/2 hour of the tablet, he's bouncy again :)

The best amt. to use as a guideline is the one from Oxbow. Go to their web site, either buy their brand or a brand w/ similar break down

Just went to my local health/vitamin shop and they didn't have any! Said the type i want would be expensive and i wouldn't want to spend that much on a rabbit! Well speak for yourself love!

Looks like i may have to buy em online. Hopefully it will help with my rabbs digestion. Anyone get them who lives around Sleaford/ Lincoln?

x

B has a furball treat twice a week which is basically a pineapple paste in a baked coating.You only give it twice a week as a deterent or everyday if there is already a problem.Pets at home sell it.Should i carry on with this or do you think its better to give the tablet you're talking about?When she had stasis/furballs it did seem to do the trick.

Just went to my local health/vitamin shop and they didn't have any! Said the type i want would be expensive and i wouldn't want to spend that much on a rabbit! Well speak for yourself love!

Looks like i may have to buy em online. Hopefully it will help with my rabbs digestion. Anyone get them who lives around Sleaford/ Lincoln?

x

Did you not try Holland and Barratt? They have two types - one at 500mg which cost nearly £10 (don't buy these) and ones which are pineapple flavoured at 40mg for £3.50 ish which is what to buy :D :wave:

No, unfortunately Sleaford hasn't got a Holland & Barrett. I may have to order online. Blue seems a bit brighter today, eating and got her ear up. Still gonna get some of these pineapple supplements though, anything that will help this trouble stay away! x

No, unfortunately Sleaford hasn't got a Holland & Barrett. I may have to order online. Blue seems a bit brighter today, eating and got her ear up. Still gonna get some of these pineapple supplements though, anything that will help this trouble stay away! x

You could try fresh pineapple until you can get some, as they contain the active ingredient, and should help a little. Hope she's ok!

Grantham has a H & B and thats not far from Sleaford.

Has anyone tried the Papaya n Pineapple tabs from oxbow , how old do rabbits have to be before they can have their injections please :eek:)x

Back