• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VHD question

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
if a bun has had their VHD, and then in 2 weeks time instead of them having the Myxo, the vet stupidly gives them another VHD...what harm will this do?

one of my holiday boarders is due to be coming with her buns this evening, but when she got out their forms to bring, (her hubby took them 2 vet so didnt realise) shes seen they had 2 VHD's, this was a week ago.

shes at the vets now and they are saying its her hubbys fault for not realising!

if a bun has had their VHD, and then in 2 weeks time instead of them having the Myxo, the vet stupidly gives them another VHD...what harm will this do?

one of my holiday boarders is due to be coming with her buns this evening, but when she got out their forms to bring, (her hubby took them 2 vet so didnt realise) shes seen they had 2 VHD's, this was a week ago.

shes at the vets now and they are saying its her hubbys fault for not realising!

I would advise contacting the vaccine manufacturer. There are 2 VHD Vaccines available, CYLAP and LAPINJECT. So you'd need to find out which one was given. I'd post the links to the respective sites but on dial-up I'd be here for years..........:roll:

The Vet who gave the duplicate vac is responsible for the error as he/she should have checked the Bun's records before sticking a needle in.........:roll:
Hopefully there wont be any serious repercussions

Janex

I presume they went to the same vet for both jabs? If so, it very certainly ISN'T her hubby's fault! :?

Vet's should have a normal practice, some do myxo first then VHD, some do VHD first, but the clinic should always stick to the same order, that way things like this don't happen :roll:

With regards health, sorry I just don't know

I agree whether the vet was the same practice or not, its upto the vet to check the records prior to giving a vacc and also to ask for history from the other surgery or requesting to see a vaccination card.

I had a similar thing this week. I was told a rabbit styaing here had no vaccs at all in the last year. Went to the surgery and it was a locum. I said I was there for myxi vacc and that the owner has sadi she didn't think he had had it for a while and he just got out the vaccine and dent to draw the vaccine up and so I said to him 'um can you check the records first please' turns out the bun had a myxi vacc in March! He would have just given it had I not spoke up!

I think that there shouldn't be a problem with 2 doses, it happens in animals coming from overseas alot. They will be vaccinated on departure and then some regulations insist on a 2nd dose with in 3 days which is ridiculous! Never heard of any ill effects. Just check with the manufacturer as others have said :)

I would advise contacting the vaccine manufacturer. There are 2 VHD Vaccines available, CYLAP and LAPINJECT. So you'd need to find out which one was given. I'd post the links to the respective sites but on dial-up I'd be here for years..........:roll:

The Vet who gave the duplicate vac is responsible for the error as he/she should have checked the Bun's records before sticking a needle in.........:roll:
Hopefully there wont be any serious repercussions

Janex

which is the one that bunnies have reactions to?
mine are having VHD today and im quite worrid :?

which is the one that bunnies have reactions to?
mine are having VHD today and im quite worrid :?

Flopsy is having hers tonight too! Yeah VHD is the one that they *can* have reactions too. This is Flopsy's 2nd and she was fine last year, only a bit quiet. Rory was fine after his too

they can soemtimes get VHD limp when they limp for a few days but its not actually injured, they will be fine xxx

bunnies had lapinjet today :)

he said that becuase its oil based, it can make the bunnies feel funny, and they 'attack' the area where it was injected :?

Back