• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Took late to get a friend for Speckle?

nic-nac89

Young Bun
My (male) rabbit is nearly 5 years old now and I'd really like to get him a friend. Do you think this is a good idea since he's used to being himself or do rabbits normally adapt to new company well despite their age? If so, male or female?

Hi :)

Lots of rescues on here have successfully bonded older rabbits who have been alone for most of their lives - it does depend on the bun's personality, but I'm sure Speckle would love a friend and I bet the perfect bun for him is out there waiting! Is he neutered? Neutered male / spayed female usually make for best pairings :D

Depends on the bunny.... 7 year old Rusty bonded with Spike pretty easily yet 12 year old Molly didn't want to know (I'm convinced it's 'cos she knew her time was nearly up though :cry: ).

Personally I think it's worth a try but be guided by what happens and don't force the issue.

Yeah he's neutered. He used to be really grumpy and growled at me all the time but he's calmed down a lot over the past couple of years although he still has his moments! But generally he's really friendly. Just think he looks lonely :(

we had a lionhead who is over 5 and she bonded well with a male of 2 (rough ages as they was rescue buns) :D

Back