• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

French Island Holiday Pics

JayUK

Mama Doe
:wave:
It's hard to select out of 400 photos!
We stayed on L'ille de Nourmoutier, It was really quiet, flat, so lots of cycling, and around 22-24 degrees. Because the French weren't on holiday, ir was really peaceful, just a few tourists around.
The campsite had a ethos of natural living in between the pine trees and next to the sea.
Hols2008%20%285%29.jpg

amd we stayed in a huge wooden framed tent, they provided everything we needed, so we didn't have to take anything
Hols2008%20%284%29.jpg

and this was our view
Hols2008.jpg

When the tide was out, we were invaded by Frenchmen doing the daily Moules collection
Hols2008%20%287%29.jpg

The town was quite ancient, and small, but really pretty.
Hols2008%20%2812%29.jpg

Hols2008%20%2814%29.jpg

Hols2008%20%2834%29.jpg

Hols2008%20%2835%29.jpg

and the Chateau was 12th Century
Hols2008%20%2818%29.jpg

Hols2008%20%2816%29.jpg

There was a new beach round each corner
Hols2008%20%2831%29.jpg

Hols2008%20%2832%29.jpg

and even Paul managed to enjoy the sun (He's normally allergic to sunshine, but had this new cream that waorked a miracle)
Hols2008%20%2830%29.jpg

Hols2008%20%289%29.jpg

Hols2008%20%2824%29.jpg

Hols2008%20%2826%29.jpg

Hols2008%20%2840%29.jpg

I may stick some emore up later in the week

wow, it's really beautiful!

I love traditional european towns where everything hasn't been 'touristed'

I went to Strasbourg with music and some of the places we played in were so lovely :D

Looks like you had a brilliant time - at least you've come back to some sunshine too! :wave:

Wow that looks lovely... And those horses :love: and that town is so little and quaint and like where I would LOVE to retire too when I am old one day (a dream :lol:)

Gosh, it looks stunning...Some parts of France are just breath taking arent they. Looks very special, hope i can go one day!

Glad you had such a great time:D

We were so lucky with the timing and the weather; The photos we'd seen on line didn't do the place justice, it was so naturally beautiful, and for the first time in years, there was complete silence at times, it was so restful.
When the wind kicked up the sea was quite wild, and we were right in front of it, it was megga :lol:

Awwwww it's all gorgeous!! I can see why you didn't want to come back! :lol:

The chateau is beautiful, and so old! :shock: :) Beautiful horses and what a fluffy eeeeeore! :love: Nice that Paul didn't have to hide in the shadows, you both look really happy with your beer and baguettes! :D :wave:

Great photo's Jay, looks like a really beautiful place :D. Ideal holiday with all that peace and quiet :D.

Thanks, glad you like them :D The weather was beautiful Theo, around 22 degrees all the time, but the last day was 28, so we left at the right time, 22's about my limit!

I love how you fit right in...you look like a French islander somehow on your bike with a basket:D
Ooh hope there are more pics! Giving me inspiration for our next holiday....ive been to France about 20 times now and only to one other country:oops:

Great photos. Reminded me of all the wonderful camping holiday's we have enjoyed in France over the years.
I can sympathise with Paul - one dose of sun brings me out in an allergic rash and off to find a French GP :lol: Glad the cream sorted it :thumb:

Mike

Its a lovely island. Its been a few years since I've been there though. Lots of private beaches for picnics and the water park for the kids - they loved it!

Great photos. Reminded me of all the wonderful camping holiday's we have enjoyed in France over the years.
I can sympathise with Paul - one dose of sun brings me out in an allergic rash and off to find a French GP :lol: Glad the cream sorted it :thumb:

Mike

Sorry to hear that, Paul's doctor recommended Boots factor 60. If Paul gets 10 minutes of unprotected rays, he can burn to a frazzle and come out in lumps. This stuff was amazing, he put it on every day, it lasts for 6 hours, and he managed to get a light tan :)

I love how you fit right in...you look like a French islander somehow on your bike with a basket:D
Ooh hope there are more pics! Giving me inspiration for our next holiday....ive been to France about 20 times now and only to one other country:oops:
Thanks :lol: I try to blend, not nearly as classy as the locals though!
If you think about going here, it needs to be May/June as in July and August it can take 1.5 hours to get from the bridge to the town, and it's only normally 15 mins :shock:

Its a lovely island. Its been a few years since I've been there though. Lots of private beaches for picnics and the water park for the kids - they loved it!
It hasn't changed :)

It looks a wonderful place Jay, so glad you both had a lovely time :love: lovely to have you back:wave::wave:

Back