• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

worried about millie - updated

shazbat11

Warren Scout
She's lying in the bedroom area of her hutch and keeps fidgeting and moving about as if shes uncomfortable (she keeps flopping with her legs to one side, then turning and doing the same on the other) I've offered her some food but shes turned her nose up at it. Dont know wether shes pooped as she shares with charlie but have noticed some smaller poops. Any ideas anyone?

btw her tummy doesn't feel hard

Last edited:
I dont now, but i'm sending good vibes - hope shes ok. Maybe call your vet and ask if they have any ideas.

not ANOTHER stasis bunny? :shock: get her out, make her run around, give her a dish of water, try and find some dandelions to tempt her to eat again. If she's still like this after all this treatment in a few hours time, she needs the vets really for sub-cutaneous fluids and painkillers, plus maybe her back teeth need a look at - is she moulting at the moment? Do you think she could have got too hot?

When I checked on her at about 7:30 pm she was huddled up and tooth grinding so phoned the emergency vet and they said to bring her in (@ a cost of a £90 fee before any meds). They have given her a thorough check over and the vet couldn't feel any blockages or anything, temperature was a little low, teeth are fine. She has been given 3 injections - Metoclopramide, Vetergesic and Baytril and some recovery food to feed her through the night. Then its of to our own vets in the morning. Shes now settled in the kitchen for the night so shes got peace and quiet.

Please can you send her some gut healing vibes please, thank you.

Just to let you know that Millie has started eating by herself this morning (a few dandilion leaves and some hay), not much yet but at least shes trying. Took her to our vet this morning and she's had another Metoclopramide injection and a vitamin injection. Have also been given a tube of fibreplex for her. Whilst there she did a big wet poo and promptly jumped up on my should leaving a nice long trail of said poo :roll::oops:

Back