• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Twickenham to Exeter *Sorted Thank you*

donna-arc

Mama Doe
ARC are needing to get 2 buns from us in Twickenham to Exeter as soon as possible - preferably a weekend but not essential. Any one planning a trip to the West Country? x

Last edited:
I'll see if any of my family from Devon are coming up soon - my aunt often travels from her place in Exeter to us for the odd weekend and I'm sure she wouldn't mind a couple of bunny hitchhikers on her way back

Apparently there's no plans of her coming up this summer, but my nan's going down in August if you've got nothing else in the mean time

Im back in Twickenham in 2/3 weeks. I could bring bunnies back to Oxford if this helps with a bunnyrun from Oxford to Exeter.

Can anyone do Oxford to Bristol? I might then be able to do Bristol to Exeter depending on dates (I cant do the weekend of 28/29 June)

I can ask someone about Surrey-Bristol, I know they're doing the opposite soon but not sure if they're heading back straight after or staying in Surrey

Fantastic news on the possible Surrey to Bristol run! I think I'll be able to get to Bristol if that'll make things easier for you, Stralachlan, unless you are planning to come down here anyway!

Just to let you know, we got our hutch today, and assembled it, so we're now all ready for our bunny delivery!

We're new to all this, so we really appreciate all the help given. Fingers crossed that it works out and soon :D

Hi Worm_That_Turned

I take it you are the new bunny owner? I'm often down in Exmouth at weekends diving anyway, but I am also happy to act as a half way house if needed for a short period, especially as I'm right by the M4/M5 interchange. I'm just concious that July is a bad month for me - I'm away 29 Jun - 3 Jul with work and my neighbour's looking after the buns, and then again 19-26 Jul diving in Ireland so my buns are in boarding then. In fact returning from Ireland on the 26 Jul I'm being dropped off at my place, and the driver is heading back to nr Exeter :idea: (but I've not met him before :oops: )

I hope this all gets sorted for you one way or another,

hi donna
I'm going to be in twickenham this afternoon, and back to southampton this evening

I can transfer to southampton and look after the bunny for a few days/weeks if it takes that long to arrange the southampton to exeter transfer

I might be able to go as far as poole in the next few days

does this help ?

if ti helps on 20th friday am going from slough to gloucester? if that helps?(that is friday unfortunatly am working every day this week so cant collect him from twienham as would normally offer but could take to glos if it helps?

hi donna
I'm going to be in twickenham this afternoon, and back to southampton this evening

I can transfer to southampton and look after the bunny for a few days/weeks if it takes that long to arrange the southampton to exeter transfer

I might be able to go as far as poole in the next few days

does this help ?

This sounds good. I'll see if I can organise. Trouble is I'm off to work at 2 so I'm on a time limit. They aren't with me either so the fosterer would need to be in.

Not so sure about southampton, it's a bit of a pain to get to along the south coast, and I don't know my way along there.

Very tempted by the Slough to Gloucester as I'm familiar with the M5, and could possibly get up there.

Question is, can we get the bunnies to Slough?

EDIT: Oh yeah, my wife and I are the potential new parents!

Ok, spoken to people involved and we can't make this work. Thanks for the offer Piningforarabbit (how you and the buns keeping?) x

Doing this is very good for my geography as I have to keep looking at the map to see where places are. Gloucester is twice as far as Bristol so if we could organise getting to Bristol that surely is better?

I am always amazed at how helpful everyone is when we ask for help. You're a lovely bunch! x

I don't know about twice the distance.... It's about 80 miles to Bristol, and another 40 to gloucester, and like I say, it's all motorway for that.

Google Maps says it should take me 2h... which is quite a while, but since it's motorway driving, I might be able to shave a little off:shock:

Obviously, getting to Bristol would be ideal, but if the Surrey to Bristol run that Ben's Mum suggested falls through, at least Gloucester is a good second option

I am always amazed at how helpful everyone is when we ask for help. You're a lovely bunch! x

I've gotta second that!

if ti helps on 20th friday am going from slough to gloucester? if that helps?(that is friday unfortunatly am working every day this week so cant collect him from twienham as would normally offer but could take to glos if it helps?

Which route are you taking? There is the option of going the longer way round the M4/M5 and passing my house to drop the bun off, rather than cutting up the A419/A417? Then it would be a bit closer for Exeter, or me driving them down.

Or I could poss do Glos - Bristol if the new owners can do Bristol - Exeter.

Just realised the Surrey-Bristol would be by Megabus I think, which have a strict no animals policy. Will doublecheck pretty sure it won't be possible, sorry

Which route are you taking? There is the option of going the longer way round the M4/M5 and passing my house to drop the bun off, rather than cutting up the A419/A417? Then it would be a bit closer for Exeter, or me driving them down.

Or I could poss do Glos - Bristol if the new owners can do Bristol - Exeter.

i could drop the bun at bristol on fri prob but it depends on where in bristol you are really i am going to quedgeley in glos which is junct 12 on m5 so thats way i norm go anyhow. i cant pick up from twickenham tho but if they can be got to me in slough or say somewhere relativly close mayb i can keep here this week until fri and take them? but prob is cuz am working each day this week cant go to collect.

Back