PDA

View Full Version : Twickenham to Exeter *Sorted Thank you*

donna-arc
11-06-2008, 08:58 AM
ARC are needing to get 2 buns from us in Twickenham to Exeter as soon as possible - preferably a weekend but not essential. Any one planning a trip to the West Country? x

Ben's mum
11-06-2008, 09:05 AM
I'll see if any of my family from Devon are coming up soon - my aunt often travels from her place in Exeter to us for the odd weekend and I'm sure she wouldn't mind a couple of bunny hitchhikers on her way back

Ben's mum
11-06-2008, 03:58 PM
Apparently there's no plans of her coming up this summer, but my nan's going down in August if you've got nothing else in the mean time

donna-arc
11-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Apparently there's no plans of her coming up this summer, but my nan's going down in August if you've got nothing else in the mean time

Thanks for checking that out. Hopefully something will happen before August x

raine
12-06-2008, 01:13 AM
Im back in Twickenham in 2/3 weeks. I could bring bunnies back to Oxford if this helps with a bunnyrun from Oxford to Exeter.

janice
12-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Im back in Twickenham in 2/3 weeks. I could bring bunnies back to Oxford if this helps with a bunnyrun from Oxford to Exeter.

Thank you that is a kind offer, is anyone able to do Oxford to Exeter?

Stralachlan
12-06-2008, 10:44 PM
Can anyone do Oxford to Bristol? I might then be able to do Bristol to Exeter depending on dates (I cant do the weekend of 28/29 June)

Ben's mum
13-06-2008, 08:30 AM
I can ask someone about Surrey-Bristol, I know they're doing the opposite soon but not sure if they're heading back straight after or staying in Surrey

donna-arc
14-06-2008, 04:30 PM
This is looking hopeful if the Surrey Bristol trip happens we could be onto a winner.

worm_that_turned
14-06-2008, 11:51 PM
Fantastic news on the possible Surrey to Bristol run! I think I'll be able to get to Bristol if that'll make things easier for you, Stralachlan, unless you are planning to come down here anyway!

Just to let you know, we got our hutch today, and assembled it, so we're now all ready for our bunny delivery!

We're new to all this, so we really appreciate all the help given. Fingers crossed that it works out and soon :D

Stralachlan
15-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Hi Worm_That_Turned

I take it you are the new bunny owner? I'm often down in Exmouth at weekends diving anyway, but I am also happy to act as a half way house if needed for a short period, especially as I'm right by the M4/M5 interchange. I'm just concious that July is a bad month for me - I'm away 29 Jun - 3 Jul with work and my neighbour's looking after the buns, and then again 19-26 Jul diving in Ireland so my buns are in boarding then. In fact returning from Ireland on the 26 Jul I'm being dropped off at my place, and the driver is heading back to nr Exeter :idea: (but I've not met him before :oops: )

I hope this all gets sorted for you one way or another,

piningforarabbit
15-06-2008, 10:50 AM
hi donna
I'm going to be in twickenham this afternoon, and back to southampton this evening

I can transfer to southampton and look after the bunny for a few days/weeks if it takes that long to arrange the southampton to exeter transfer

I might be able to go as far as poole in the next few days

does this help ?

bunlover
15-06-2008, 12:02 PM
if ti helps on 20th friday am going from slough to gloucester? if that helps?(that is friday unfortunatly am working every day this week so cant collect him from twienham as would normally offer but could take to glos if it helps?

donna-arc
15-06-2008, 12:35 PM
hi donna
I'm going to be in twickenham this afternoon, and back to southampton this evening

I can transfer to southampton and look after the bunny for a few days/weeks if it takes that long to arrange the southampton to exeter transfer

I might be able to go as far as poole in the next few days

does this help ?

This sounds good. I'll see if I can organise. Trouble is I'm off to work at 2 so I'm on a time limit. They aren't with me either so the fosterer would need to be in.

worm_that_turned
15-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Not so sure about southampton, it's a bit of a pain to get to along the south coast, and I don't know my way along there.

Very tempted by the Slough to Gloucester as I'm familiar with the M5, and could possibly get up there.

Question is, can we get the bunnies to Slough?

EDIT: Oh yeah, my wife and I are the potential new parents!

donna-arc
15-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Ok, spoken to people involved and we can't make this work. Thanks for the offer Piningforarabbit (how you and the buns keeping?) x

Doing this is very good for my geography as I have to keep looking at the map to see where places are. Gloucester is twice as far as Bristol so if we could organise getting to Bristol that surely is better?

I am always amazed at how helpful everyone is when we ask for help. You're a lovely bunch! x

worm_that_turned
15-06-2008, 01:06 PM
I don't know about twice the distance.... It's about 80 miles to Bristol, and another 40 to gloucester, and like I say, it's all motorway for that.

Google Maps says it should take me 2h... which is quite a while, but since it's motorway driving, I might be able to shave a little off:shock:

Obviously, getting to Bristol would be ideal, but if the Surrey to Bristol run that Ben's Mum suggested falls through, at least Gloucester is a good second option

I am always amazed at how helpful everyone is when we ask for help. You're a lovely bunch! x

I've gotta second that!

Stralachlan
15-06-2008, 02:25 PM
if ti helps on 20th friday am going from slough to gloucester? if that helps?(that is friday unfortunatly am working every day this week so cant collect him from twienham as would normally offer but could take to glos if it helps?

Which route are you taking? There is the option of going the longer way round the M4/M5 and passing my house to drop the bun off, rather than cutting up the A419/A417? Then it would be a bit closer for Exeter, or me driving them down.

Or I could poss do Glos - Bristol if the new owners can do Bristol - Exeter.

Ben's mum
15-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Just realised the Surrey-Bristol would be by Megabus I think, which have a strict no animals policy. Will doublecheck pretty sure it won't be possible, sorry

bunlover
15-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Which route are you taking? There is the option of going the longer way round the M4/M5 and passing my house to drop the bun off, rather than cutting up the A419/A417? Then it would be a bit closer for Exeter, or me driving them down.

Or I could poss do Glos - Bristol if the new owners can do Bristol - Exeter.

i could drop the bun at bristol on fri prob but it depends on where in bristol you are really i am going to quedgeley in glos which is junct 12 on m5 so thats way i norm go anyhow. i cant pick up from twickenham tho but if they can be got to me in slough or say somewhere relativly close mayb i can keep here this week until fri and take them? but prob is cuz am working each day this week cant go to collect.

bunlover
15-06-2008, 03:10 PM
also how big are buns are they indoor or outdoors? if they do stay with me for a week want to know where i need to keep them.(if anyone can get them near ish to me or if could meet someone from twickenham half way maybe? just a thought of course but i have to go friday afternoon after i finish work so would pref like them here before then if at all possible! (im back on sat afternoon and someone is popping by to feed my buns on the sat so im not abandoning them!.

worm_that_turned
15-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Hi Bunlover. That sounds fantastic.

What I'd propose is to meet you direct at Michaelwood Services (about 12m from Jn 12), if that would be alright with you. If you have any other ideas then let me know. I can definitely take the day off, and my wife will try to as well, and could easily hang around Cribbs Causeway until a suitable time for you.

The only difficulty then would be getting the bunnies to you. Can anyone help with Twickenham to Slough?

As for size and indoor/outdoor, they do seem quite big, and they're currently kept in a shed with run attached (I'm reliably informed). You can see pictures of them on the "Can you resist these loppy ears" thread! (We're hoping they're not too big for the hutch/run waiting in the garden, although as it's big enough for my wife, we're hoping it'll be fine :lol:)

janice
15-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Donna is at work at the moment, she will be back before too long. I am sure we can sort out between us arrangements to get them to slough.

bunlover
15-06-2008, 04:59 PM
all sounds good then the service station sounds good or i can take them to you if you can give me an address to get them there?, i should be finished work about 2.30 so home about 3.20 so expect to get to the services with you about 2 n half hours from that but it obv depends on the traffic, itcould be longer being that its friday i doubt we would be there before 5.30pm so dont worry about taking the day off for the pick up! if we can them to me here i can keep them indoors in an area under stairs(about 6x2ft floor space maybe a bit more) or in a 36inch dog crate with access to run of kitchen and when i am home they can get a run in the garden for a bit, there is no wires in kitchen they can get to but they would prob be too big for my spare hutch (it is the one that small nethies dora and snowy came in originally its only a 4 ft) but can see if they can get the buns to me then that all sounds good, now do they already have a carrier? i have a carrier but im not sure till i see them if they would both go in it it would probly be a bit squashed, i have the dog crate but i not sure if it will fit in car done up? tell you what i am going to pm you my phone number as my oh wants the computer you can call me regarding it x

bunlover
15-06-2008, 05:06 PM
also are the buns going from bristol straight to new home? or are they haveing a stop over at bristol cuz they may need a few stops along they way so they dont get too tiered of the constant vibrations and stops for water and food. but i will discuss with either of you when you can call me. x

Stralachlan
15-06-2008, 06:54 PM
I live in Bradley Stoke so my house is only 2 miles from the M4/M5 interchange and about 3 miles from Cribbs Causeway. I'm happy to act as a rabbit service station if that makes it easier all round! I plan to finish work at lunchtime on Friday. Let me know if you need me.

piningforarabbit
16-06-2008, 09:19 AM
Ok, spoken to people involved and we can't make this work. Thanks for the offer Piningforarabbit (how you and the buns keeping?) x

bonnie and fifi are doing very well, they are living with their husbuns cody and theo respectively

I was going to send you a movie clip of fifi free range and letting my stroke her as testament to how much she has come round

bunlover
16-06-2008, 07:07 PM
i have spoken to the prospective new owner who rang me yesterday he is happy to meet me at services if buns can get to me in langley slough before friday,and if donna is happy for me to bunny run them, hoping to hear from donna have pmd her my contact details. fingers crossed can get them to their new home asap! :)

donna-arc
17-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Have given the fosterer your numbers Bunlover. His Mum and Dad can probably bring them over as he is very busy at the moment.

mit
17-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Am taking them over to Bunlovers place this evening.

m
xx

Stralachlan
21-06-2008, 01:25 AM
How did the bun run go? Are they settling in OK?

bunlover
21-06-2008, 10:41 AM
hello,
thy stayedwith me this week and had a fine ole time bounding round the garden bobbin is just like a puppy!!!! i then took them last night to gloucester and stopped via my mums to let them have a 15min run to stretch their legs(as was 2.5hours from mine and would be another 2 hours to exceter plus 30mins to services) then rang david and becky (new owners) and i went to meet them my mum loved them too she was like...aww i want them! lol luckily they only did a pit stop!!! anyhow met the new owners who seem sooo lovertly and they went on their way to exceter they were very well behaved in car with me and david and becky said will post some pictures when they have settled im sure they will post soon! im looking forward to the piccys too!!!! :) so bunny run complete! :)

donna-arc
22-06-2008, 08:42 AM
Big thankyou for Bunlover for doing this - and everyone else that offered help x

worm_that_turned
22-06-2008, 10:04 AM
They made it!

It wasn't quite 2 hours back to Exeter, much closer to 1h 15m. We did consider stopping at Taunton, but since the weather was closing in, and we were making good time, we decided to carry on all the way. As it turned out, this was probably a good thing, as when we opened the carrier they were fast asleep!

They've settled in very well, are both drinking from bottles, and seem to be enjoying their new home. It's just a shame about the weather, because it's been miserable for the past 2 days now! I'm sure when it clears up a little, they'll start investigating the run downstairs too...

Thanks to everyone who helped with this, especially Katie (bunlover) :wave: and Donna, who made it all so easy! :D

And now for photos!

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll237/worm_that_turned/IMG_3530.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll237/worm_that_turned/IMG_3535.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll237/worm_that_turned/IMG_3548.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll237/worm_that_turned/IMG_3549.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll237/worm_that_turned/IMG_3550.jpg

bunlover
22-06-2008, 03:44 PM
gosh they so loverly!!! those piccs make them look smallish buns lol they are huge! bobbin particularly is the size of a puppy lol and acts like it! hope to see more pics in the future!