• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

harnesses.

Kylie541

Warren Veteran
Hi

I don't have a secure garden so Buster can only play in a run (he is a house bun anyways) but today I popped a puppy harness on him and he loved running around the garden and was blinking on the lead and everything. The only thing was the fit wasn't great so I need a bunny one but I noticed the vest type and think they look comfy. He really did not seem distressed. So what does everyone else use?

I've only seen the more secure ones for buns (2 sets of straps) but I don't use harnessess, fingers-crossed someone else will see this :)

haha the first one i used the bunny called fiver, turned round chewed threw the harness and hopped off... i stood there with an empty lead, lol, and the other more recent one i bought is to darn fiddly to put on so i dont think ill bother, she has her own garden anyway, but my daughter wanted to walk her round the rest of our garden.. but wev given up on that now

I bought the vest type and it is very tricky to put on as you have to go under the chin and tummy - Smudge HATED getting it on and would bite and struggle but seemed not to mind being in it. It was a ferret one as he was so small. I don't use it now - he has the run of the garden and I would be afraid of him hurting himself in it. I used to take my 1st ever rabbit for a walk with a cat collar and piece of rope. :oops: But that was back in the 70's.

I use one for Molly as shes a apartment bun. It has 2 straps one for her neck and other for body. It velcros and clicks together. Shes not crazy about putting it on but she doesn't fight either.Once shes out she loves it.

I used to have a bunny harness from pets at home, they should be fully adjustable and quick release, should be able to get 2 fingers under the harness but be firm enough to stay on! :)

I have a harness for my Pebble, she loves it!! She likes haveing the freedom of the whole garden!! i enjoy walking around with her aswell, she is soooo funny! :lol: bless her!! Shes a nightmare to pick upt though after letting her have the run of the garden, but that just be cause shes a naughty gril! :lol: :lol:

I would recomend getting one they are great fun!!
xx

How fabby!

Hubby and I joked about taking Huppie for a walk around our allotment but thought it was a silly idea - I might just do it now!

Maybe she can munch at the dandelions we have growing, it will save me digging them out. :lol: I will also have to make sure she doesn't go over the veggie patch, partly so she doesn't get poisoned by toms or potatoes and partly so she doesn't eat the carrots!

Thanks for posting this, I might feel like a plonker walking her but it will make her very happy!

Emma

He is fab about being handled and having the puppy harness on but it wasn't secure enough. I think I shall take a trip to the shops when I get back of my hols (off to turkey next week). He just loved the freedom of exploring and I can do that even if it's chilly out. Thanks for everyones advice - i'll be a crazy rabbit walker soon.:D

Back