• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do black buns go grey with age?

ShivyRex

Mama Doe
I am just wondering because Fia has gone a bit grey around her nose and lips and also has a grey tuft at the tip of her tail. I am wondering if perhaps she is older than was first thought, which may be related to her recent lump found in her abdomen and lack of weight gain although I know these can happen at any age.

I have booked Fia in for ultrasound and x-rays on Friday to try and diagnose the lump. She is very lively when let out of the playhouse but she is very lazy in the playhouse of late although that could be due to the warm weather I guess. I am just worrying all the time so I think it's best I do the non-surgical investigations.

Anyway - any black bun owners - your answers are eagerly awaited :)

Shiv

Can't help I'm afraid as Bella is only just over a year old, but I'd be interested to know if that's what'll happen.

She does have a few white hairs on her back but she's always had them since I got her at four months.

Hope Fia's scan goes OK.

Yes - Sweet Pea has gained a grey nose as he's got older. In fact he had his grey nose coming when he got to about 6 - then he had a fight and another rabbit bit it and he had ti have a nose job - and he looked all young again as they took off the tip! But now he's got his grey nose back (he's 9 now).

Mona my pitch black alasakan started to get white ticking when she was too, Ebonnie my alaskan/english also got it that age. My vet told me it was purely environmental factors which caused this. I'm not so sure though because Mona now has a white bib. Her white hairs do go brown in the summer though.

Liquorice is 6 and has now got some white flecks in her coat. There is a pic of her in pics and stories at the moment

I think so...
Smoky is 7 and he definately has more white flecks in his coat than he did when we first got him 3 years ago.

Hmmmm bit of a mixed bag then. I wonder. I will try and get some pics of Fia's nose and her tail over the next few days. It certainly wasn't there about 4 months ago. Very odd.

Thanks for your well wishes for Fia's scan. I hope all goes ok :?

I think sooty will....he was all black when I got him except for a brown "Visor" around his head....now his got little grey hairs all over him and he's only 1 1/2

Back