• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Argh, Dans Poo!!!

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
Daniels poos have been rubbish since we got him (a month-ish ago), but he'll have days of relitavely normal poop, then days where its just big sludgy mess. Had him on hay only for the first two weeks, but it just wasnt clearing up & he was loosing condition so he now has minimal pellets. His diet never changes, hes not had anything other than hay & pellets since he came here. Im 100% sure he isnt poorly, hes been checked over by the vet, even had a night at the vets (just keeping Rhia company - but they must'nt have been worried or would have told me). Vet gave me some recovery to give him but hasnt cleared up. I dont know whether to get some fibreplex tomorrow, I didnt want to...but it isnt clearing up by itself so I might. It could well be down to stress (first of moving, then now of his friend being poorly) - so do I leave it to settle down itself, or give him fibreplex? Also, if that doesnt work is there anything else he could have? Bit worried cos its so warm today & there is poo slopped all over the run - flies are gonna think its their b'day :roll: X

Maybe he would do better on Oxbow? I don't really know what else to suggest....the last bun I went through all this with turned out to be related to stress :?

We do think its stress, he was fine at Lynnes, its since he went for bonding/new house/new friend/poorly friend that this has come on, which admittadly is pretty stressful! But there is sloppy poo everywhere today - Ick

Eta - Would it still be worth trying him on Oxbow if its stress related? X

From experience....no :(

Thanks Sooz, So basically just sit it out til things get more settled for him? My Mum did say earlier that she thinks its probably flared up bad again because hes stressing over Rhia - Bless :( X

Back