• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you keep stress-free...

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
when your rabbit is in for a dental or other procedure involving GA?? :cry: I'm practically chewing off my own fingers with nerves here.

This is where OCD comes in useful.....I obsessively clean to pass the time!
Assuming it's Sorrel? Sending (((vibes))) x

I love to clean usually but i cant focus on it while im stressing. I've mostly just been napping in guinness's run :oops::oops:

sorrel is having her molars done again, she was doning really well with them but then stopped eating hay.

I can't work out if she stopped eating because the spurs were bothering her, or if the spurs grew back cos she was eating less hay. :?

I love to clean usually but i cant focus on it while im stressing. I've mostly just been napping in guinness's run :oops::oops:

sorrel is having her molars done again, she was doning really well with them but then stopped eating hay.

I can't work out if she stopped eating because the spurs were bothering her, or if the spurs grew back cos she was eating less hay. :?

It's usually that one... but with Sorrel if her abcess was giving her gyp it may have been the latter.

I must say I never get stressed when one of my buns goes under a GA for anything as I totally trust my vet and know if anything is to go wrong she will sort it

Hi there, it's a horrible stress, isn't it? My Bungee had 10 dentals and I found them very stressful... walking past her empty cage was really horrible. The worst time was when she had gone in because she stopped pooping ... after the dental she had to stay at the vet's until she pooped (2days). Trying to explain to people that you are highly stressed because your rabbit hasn't pooped is difficult if they don't know how rabbits work! She was always very quiet the night I got her home but having her begging off me and chin rubbing the next day was magical. I'll be sending Esme for a spay in about a month's time and that will be even worse to bear!

Good luck to you and your bunny, it is extremely stressful.

It's usually that one... but with Sorrel if her abcess was giving her gyp it may have been the latter.

I thought so, but she had her teeth check quite recently when she was in for vacc's and they were fine then. maybe the abcess...it hasnt been bad recently but her entire jaw and mouth is such a huge mess its difficult to know what's going on with her sometimes. :cry:

I must say I never get stressed when one of my buns goes under a GA for anything as I totally trust my vet and know if anything is to go wrong she will sort it

my vets are excellent, i always have that little doubt though.

Anyway I've jsut realised I'm late for getting my friend's kid from school :oops::oops::oops: so I'd best run, I can phone the vets at 4 though :)

she's bbaaaaaaack :D :D :D and she seems much better than last time - after her previous dental she looked a right state, eyes all weepy, really lethargic, wouldnt toouch any food for hours. But now she seems like her normal self *touch wood*

I'll never get used to it though, i think i will die of worry :(

:oops:smoking.....:oops:*smacks wrist* and pacing. And feeling sick. Actually, I suppose I don't do a very good job of it! :lol::roll:

Back