• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think we have success!!...or not? UPDATE

CarmenCole

Mama Doe
Hi

I was left with a dilemna this morning... How to scrub inside the hutches without the buns climbing in. Up until now, I have emptied and redone the hutches around the bunnies. Today, I needed to scrub them down with disinfectant. So, I got the little run out, and set it up inside the big run. I kinda expected fighting in that confined space, but to my surprise they were fine!:shock::D
day4005.jpg

It's been 4 hours now, with them in the little run with food and water. I've just caught Nicholas and Hunny cuddled up, and Mustard, Hunny and Maggie are sharing some sprigs of mint now!;)

I dont really want to let them out into the big run now, as they have been getting along so well!
day4004.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Carmen

Last edited:
Whooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooo yAYAYAYAYAYYA, They all look lovely together :love:

Aww aren't they adorable! :love:! tomatoes are a good source of potassium and my two enjoy them now and again!:)

out of all the buns iv had over the years.... not one has ever liked them, so i giv them to the chickens instead... however i didnt bother wiv tilly cos i thought buns didnt like them.. may b i will try n see if she does lol

Okay,

They all did so well yesterday, so when I went to bed, I took the small run out and opened the hutches, thinking they'd all happily clear off to bed too!:roll:

Everything seemed fine, so when I cam down this morning, I started the usual routine of closing up the hutches and giving them brekkie. As soon as they didn't have hutches to hide in, they started with the running at each other and Matrix-type spinning round mid-air fighting.

So I got the little run out again, but it didn't stop them. Nicholas broke out and cleared off to his hutch roof, Maggie started fighting with Hunny, and poor Mustard (who has learned to stay well away from scuffles) managed to get a huge clump of fur taken out of his back!

So, now Hunny and Mustard are eating all the food, while Nick is sat on top of his hutch and Mags is dbf'd on the ground t'other side of the run.:shock::(

Any advice please? This is day 5 of bonding the 4. I'm not sure what to expect, is this going bad?

Carmen

Last edited:
I'm assuming all of this is taking place in neutral territory and the bunnies aren't being separated on an evening?

Yep, you assume correctly. They are all in the same run at all times, always together. The ONLY time they have been separate, is when I had to pop them in their hutches for 5 minutes on day#3 to wash the patio down.

Carmen

oh no i gave mine some cherry tomatoes on the vine and they ate the vine?? didnt realise, will they be ok?

Carmen - When you say they were 'fighting' was this proper locking on and aggression or just persistent chasing and fur pulling - i.e. reasserting dominance?

Shel20 - how long ago did you give them the tomatoes?

Awwww hun it sounds like you have your hands full there - I so know what you are going through! How are things at the moment?

Back