• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor Cages.

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Hi Guys,

Just wondering is any of you can recommend a very large indoor cage.

Now that Kermit is getting back on his feet i think he could do with more space, he has a Nero 4, but gets out of it alot...i was thinking of putting a run over the cage and letting him in that when im out, but since he hasnt been well he isnt making it to his litter tray all the time to pee, and i dont want pee all over my carpet!

Outside is not an option at the moment as he isnt 100% and he also hasnt had his VHD vaccination.

Instead of buying a brand new cage you could just attach NIC grids as a run and put something down like carpet tiles, a rug or a sheet of lino to protect your carpet :)

NIC grids are available at B&Q 22 grids for £22

Something like this:
2500096458_9d734da0cd.jpg

what a great idea, this looks ideal....thanks will have look for them in b&q this weekend

Thea how did you attach your cubes together so they're not at right angles - your cage looks rounded? did you use cable ties or something? The attachments which come with it only fit them together very square on mine.

That looks like a good idea!!!

Am hoping to collect my little babe this weekend (once the house is bunny proofed! :D)

If got some of these and used her travel box as a hidey hole, would that be ok do you think??

Thea how did you attach your cubes together so they're not at right angles - your cage looks rounded? did you use cable ties or something? The attachments which come with it only fit them together very square on mine.

Cable ties me dear, cable ties! ;) :lol:

I found the connectors really annoying because the grids would pop out of them. The whole structure is more manipulable with cable ties. Some people use a combination of both :)

Donniedarko - yes a shelter is necessary and obviously litter trays, hay racks/holders, bowls, bottles, toys etc, but many people use just the grids to make a home, a cage isn't necessary too :D Mine only has a cage attached because that is what I started out with.

YAY! Thank You Thea

Yes, understand about litter tray and toys and hay etc, am hoping to have one little spoiled bunn soon!:D

The rescue home suggested a dog crate, but looking at your pic it looks a lot more flexible.

Also having her travel box as hidey hole should make it less stressful for vet visits etc?? What do you think??

OH has a house rabb too (chap) so will gets lots of advice from him too!

Back