• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wasps nest in shed!!

Beebop

Warren Veteran
Okay, so yesterday I went to bring down the net which covers the top half of the shed door as it was warm yesterday and to my horror a small wasps nest fell onto the litter tray and 10 wasps started buzzing around!:shock: Thankfully my scream :oops: made the bunnies dive under a box so the wasps didn't sting them but my question is, are they likely to rebuild it back there? My mum killed a couple who went back in and I didn't see anymore this morning....are we safe? I really don't want to add any fumes into the shed as even when the buns are returned days/weeks later won't there be some residue in the wood?

So my top tip people, don't store nets in sheds!:lol:

I had a big wasp nest in the cavity wall in my brick built bunny shed last year - they got in through a tiny hole in the mortar behind the drainpipe, and because the mortar was rotten they also got into the shed - I was finding about 20 a day in the shed till I figured out where they were coming from and blocked up the holes with plasticine - it's a total miracle the girls never got stung :shock: I got one up my trousers though - 20 stings on my bum/thigh YEOUCHHHHHH!!!! :shock: Pest control had to come and kill them all in the end - I hope we don't get a new family move in this summer :(

Have to say it was pretty scaring, I've never moved so fast to the other side of the garden in my life!:lol::lol::lol:

Apparently the best way to stop wasps building nests is to put up a fake wasps nest. You can buy them, though I'm not sure where from, sorry :oops: Wasps won't build nests on other wasps territory, and so if there's a nest already there, they won't build another.

wasps are a worry, one of my goats died from wasp stings, so imaging how a little bun wud cope... dosnt bear thinking about.

Back