• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Babs - Rabbit Rehome

Bump ... anyone? The other 2 rabbits from Bobz Bunny farm have also gone. Does anyone know if something has happened?

Either rehomed, or dropped off the list- if they are not updated every 3 months they go off automatically.

Must have dropped off the list then as Babs, Marmaduke and Jack have all gone from the list. I doubt they have rehomed them after 3 years of being unwilling to go outside of the 20 mile radius. I think most people / rescues would be willing to go an extra 3 miles so Babs could have had a forever home!!!

Must have dropped off the list then as Babs, Marmaduke and Jack have all gone from the list. I doubt they have rehomed them after 3 years of being unwilling to go outside of the 20 mile radius. I think most people / rescues would be willing to go an extra 3 miles so Babs could have had a forever home!!!

was she the one they refused you due to distance?

i was refused becuase of the same reason, even tho i offered to pay petrol for extra 7 miles when home checking :roll:

I'm hoping they've found a lovely home but guess maybe not. I usually keep an eye on her too x wish I was closer!

I've been told it looks like they have moved, so what happened to those 3 bunnies I just don't know.

Indiechic said:
was she the one they refused you due to distance?

Yup she was the one I could have given a lovely home to and for the sake of 3 milesw they refused!!

its so bizzare, i mean some places would have a distance thry would like to rehome to but for the sake of a couple of miles its insane!

Just to let you all know Babs, Jack and Marmaduke have gone to good homes :)
I don't appieciate been talked about like this on here.
We are not exactly located in Skipton we are 10 miles up the dale from it, its just the nearest town.

We are not exactly located in Skipton we are 10 miles up the dale from it, its just the nearest town.

That's good news:D I used to look at Maramduke:love:

Glad they have gone to good homes at long last. I don't think there is anything wrong with what anyone has said on here. Maybe if you were more contactable and slightly more flexible with rehoming, your 3 rabbits would have been rehomed long since. I for one have left numerous messages and so have other people I know. Saying that I am so happy they have a home. Babs was stunning :love: :love:

Glad they have gone to good homes at long last. I don't think there is anything wrong with what anyone has said on here. Maybe if you were more contactable and slightly more flexible with rehoming, your 3 rabbits would have been rehomed long since. I for one have left numerous messages and so have other people I know. Saying that I am so happy they have a home. Babs was stunning :love: :love:

Actually I think a limit on rehoming is a good idea, you see all these cross-country rabbit runs and I know from going to rat shows in the past that the rats suffer the effects by weight loss, and rats are pretty chilled out and used to it - bunnies being prey animals must be more likely to get more stressed out. There's also the fact that should something happen and the new owner not be able to keep the bun(s), at least they're in an easy distance to go and collect immediately.
It's easy to say that not going an extra 3 miles is a silly idea but if you start giving lee way then where do you draw the line? If an extra 3 miles is OK, what about 4 miles? and then 6 miles is only an extra 2 miles on that..you get the idea.
Rescues are entitled to set their own rules, and lots of rescues could adjust their policies and rehome more rabbits, but it's their call - perhaps Bobz would prefer homing to be slower for the sake of having the buns local should the worst happen. Afterall, I think a rescue needs to retain responsibility for buns even after they've been homed, and distance can complicate things

well yes I see your point about the extra miles, but after 2 years in rescue you'd think that they would be willing to go those extra 3 miles just to find a forever home. Also if it was just about distance it wouldn't be so bad, but it was also that they never returned calls. I left countless messages, as did other people. I could have lived round the corner for all they knew!!

Seriously, I CANNOT BELIEVE that there are people on here slagging off rescues given all that rescuers do for the rabbits, and go through on their behalf.

They are not supermarkets - thery don't have to cater just to what their "customers" want. There are limits on their time and resources and the welfare and wellbeing of the rabbits always (or should always) come first.

If you have a problem with the rehoming policy of a rescue, maybe you should open your own and see if you can do better!!

Good grief.

I think this thread could easily descend into nastiness, so let's not go over the top.

I think it's perfectly acceptable for people to question a rescue's policies, and also perfectly acceptable for them to defend them! As long as we can keep things on the polite side of things then I don't think it quite counts as slagging them off.

I think this thread could easily descend into nastiness, so let's not go over the top.

I think it's perfectly acceptable for people to question a rescue's policies, and also perfectly acceptable for them to defend them! As long as we can keep things on the polite side of things then I don't think it quite counts as slagging them off.

Calling their policies insane isn't really questioning them though :?

I only rehome in a 15 mile radius (although had a couple of special case). It's so much easier if anything goes wrong and have need bunny back. :D

Seriously, I CANNOT BELIEVE that there are people on here slagging off rescues given all that rescuers do for the rabbits, and go through on their behalf.

They are not supermarkets - thery don't have to cater just to what their "customers" want. There are limits on their time and resources and the welfare and wellbeing of the rabbits always (or should always) come first.

If you have a problem with the rehoming policy of a rescue, maybe you should open your own and see if you can do better!!

Good grief.

I am not slagging off rescues (plural) I admire all that rescues do and I am involved with helping a rescue so I know exactly what is involved and what time constraints they have. Why would I **** off something that I am involved with? I am often trying to get hold of people and understand that they can't be just at my beck and call. But I do however think when someone has 3 rabbits - not a whole rescue full of them and they have had them for 2 years plus that they could at last have the decency to respond to the many many emails / phone messages that have been sent by me and many other people that I know. It's just not possible to rehome animals if you don't reply to any form of communication!!

Maybe you should realise that I am not getting at rescues at all.

To all the rescues out there keep up the good work!!

Back