• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need Help Choosing

AllForTheAnimals

Warren Scout
My two rescued (I rescued them) have got their new homes this summer and I am looking for two more 'permenant' rabbits for me I think I am going to get two more rexes but does anybody recomend any other breeds?

Rexes are great, but as I have found out, their hocks are a real pain. If you can put up with that, they are the best breed in my opinion, But then I am biased. :lol:

Rexes are great, but as I have found out, their hocks are a real pain. If you can put up with that, they are the best breed in my opinion, But then I am biased. :lol:

I will soon have ground pens with grass in them so the sore hocks thing shouldn't be a problem they will be 4x5 pens "YAY, YAY mommy is this summer christmas"? is what the buns will say lol j/k well mabe haha thanks I think I'll go with them I am going to get them at fair so what ever is there I am not to consearned about the breed but I like haveing purebreds since they are showable in my opinion all rabbits are but thats what they say:roll:

i dont think there is a preferred breed of rabbit that you can pinpoint to say is a good breed to have. i think its the personality of the rabbit that outshines, and stands out the most.
i would just go to the local rescue and see what beauties they have there.
if it was a personal preference, i would say giants, but they need sooooo much care and fuss. (or... that maybe just me :lol:) but they are excellent pets, if you have the time to clean their litter trays every day etc etc.

i dont think there is a preferred breed of rabbit that you can pinpoint to say is a good breed to have. i think its the personality of the rabbit that outshines, and stands out the most.
i would just go to the local rescue and see what beauties they have there.
if it was a personal preference, i would say giants, but they need sooooo much care and fuss. (or... that maybe just me :lol:) but they are excellent pets, if you have the time to clean their litter trays every day etc etc.

Well, sadly there isn't a shelter anywhere near me for rabbits just dogs and cats they really need one though even though there isn't many rabbits here there are always some rabbits that need homes otherwise that would be my first prioritie to get one also I like Giants too!!:D

Back