• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pets at home letter.My New Bunny

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
Today I got a reply to my letter from head office about a Giant House Rabbit that had been in one of there stores for 3 months.They were not willing to reduce the cost so I could adopt him and get him neutered and vaccinated,the price £129 was to stop impulse buying,and the rabbit was 9 months old but had human contact and a run before and after the store closes,although he was alone in the pen,he was next to about 10 other rabbits,which he could probably hear and smell and he hadnt been neutered or vaccinated..I suppose if nobody buys him then it will stop more being bred to sell in the store.
I have been in contact with a lady whos British Giant had,had a litter of 3 babies.One male hasd been groomed so much that the mother had removed most of its ears.She took him to the vets at three days old,thinking that he would have no quality of life,but the vet said that he was fine and would lead a normal life,one ear is compleately gone and the other has a quarter remaining.His name is Stumpy and I am hoping to adopt him in 3 weeks.The lady has his 2 sisters,celeste and Sapphire still remaining.I hope to keep him as a house bunny with a 48 inch dog crate as a bed in our utility room.I hope it all goes to plan and I will give him a very happy home :love:

I'm glad you have found the rabbit you want. I have a pair of boys with hardly any ears, I think they are fantastic little bunnies. although it can take a while to get use to

That is really fantastic news!!!!! :D :D I can't wait to see piccies of the new arrival once you have him home and settled in!!! :D :D

Aww shame they wouldnt as you would be offering him a great home..

Good news on the new bun bun though, i want piccies once you have him! I bet you cant wait!!!

xx

Back