• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We've Pulled Out All The Stops.

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
It is boiling here, so we have been doing everything we can for the buns to stay cool.

We've:

:arrow: Replaced the plastic in the playhouse window to heavy duty rabbit prood wire.

:arrow: Got 2 Cage fans, which the buns love!! :D:D

:arrow: Made Ice Cubes for their water :oops:

:arrow: We have got 3 Ice Packs out and 4 in the Freezer!

It is taking me ages to get everything done with the sun, but the Buns love sun bathing and falling to sleep under the tree :love:

Jack x

I think it's wonderful what you and your mum are doing to keep the bunnies comfortable in hot weather. :) We do similar things here, especially as it gets so hot in summer (usually 35 degrees in late July and through August :shock:).

AMETHYST

awww you're a good un - and so is your mum :D Thankfully my shed is based on concrete, and so is Benny's hutch/run, so even though it's a south-facing patio they are all fine - they look like they're glued to the concrete all day though - like little fur rugs :lol:

You are so devoted to your buns Jack I think it's great you care for them so well :D Your mum sounds fab aswell :D

That's FANTASTIC that you are doing so much to keep your buns comfy in the hot weather!!! :D :D WELL DONE!!!

Sounds great :D

Where did you get their fans from? I think Bell would like me to get her one - it's definitely cooler in the house than out so I'm glad they're indoors, and they're at the back of the house which is the coolest side, but I think a fan would go down well - I think she's banned T from joining her - normally when I get home from work they're all snuggled up together, but today she was in one part all sprawled out and he was in the other part :roll: Poor buns.

I've got some water in coke bottles in the freezer so tomorrow they can have that.

I've been putting sheets up on the run to provide shade, and my lovely husband (who is rapidly turning into a big softie for the buns) has turned his mobile air conditioner over to them! Ok, it's outside, so it doesn't work brilliantly, but it lowers the temperature by a couple of degrees, and if they sit right under the ac unit, it is positively chilly! That's the ac unit top l/h corner of the pic!:D
day3004.jpg

Carmen

ps - FIRST piccie with all 4 bunnies in-frame! Well, Mustard's bum and Nicholas's legs!:oops::lol:

I've put a parasol up for them to provide shade, although I think I need another one at least (the sun moves so much and i'm not there to move the parasol!). I need to freeze some water bottles to see if Floss would like it (I know Barley will just push them away and go no wher near them). It's not that hot at the moment and they don't seem to be too stressed. I know they will when it gets to the high 20°Cs though!

Hannah

Back