• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeding Grass

Hi all,

As you've probably seen my thread named 'Sex & Covers' I lost baby Cinnamon yesterday :cry:, however mum thought it would be a good idea to get Summer a friend before she's too used to being on her own, to give them more chance of getting on. Therefore i have just got baby Cleo to join the surviving Summer.

Thing is I haven't allowed Summer to have any grass as she's only 7 weeks old and hasn't had it thus far. However Cleo i collected from a caravan park where she was a roaming a small paddock with her mum and brothers and sisters and therefore is happily eating grass and not to used to being couped up in a hutch, Cleo is 8 weeks.

I am getting a large rabbit run tonight however not sure when would be a good time to introduce Summer and how long for. I want to put Cleo out straight away but don't want to rush Summer. Any ideas?:idea:

if you mow the grass well before you put them on my thinking is that they will be eating such small amounts it will probably be ok...maybe cut down on the pellets a little so they aren't taking in too much protein & make sure they have tonnes of hay..You can also get a probiotic from pets at home which is useful when young or possibly stressed.

Back