• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've run out of metacam: He's gone : (

touie

Wise Old Thumper
I have run out of metacam and I can't get to the vets till tomorrow is there anything else i can give Fudge instead, he is sat in the kitchen waiting for it? :(

Last edited:
I would not advise administering anything else, especially if he is already on longterm Metacam. Is there anyone who could go and collect some Metacam from the Vet for you ?

Janex

I could get it myself today but my vet isn't there until tomorrow and really I would be better off taking the rabbit to see a plumber than the vet that is on today, he is that bad :?

would your vets give you the extra day of meds until you can see your normal vet tomorrow? say that you only want to see that vet or something :?

I can try popping in later but they don't open till 4.30 so I can't talk to anyone from that surgery. I phoned the main branch to get the appointment for tomorrow

Might be worth asking the receptionist over the phone if you can get a repeat prescription without an exam? Your nice vet might've marked that it's OK on your account, when I had to get a new lot of Metacam for my dog I just had to phone up to request it so they could dispense it and get a vet to sign for it before I went to pick it up, but that was all.

Prob is this is is the third bottle he has had without a check up so I think they will need to see him first, esp as he has deteriorated. But hopefully they will let me have it a day early if I have an appointment booked already

i have a newish bottle hun..just as long as i can get it back after tomorrow when mums bun willhave ben speyed so she can have some as needed....
rob gave me a big bottle for willow with her toe....its so handy to have some left

will tide you over till you get to see rob....just bring me up a bottle or something to pop some in....and ill see if i have a syringe somewhere for you..

mind you maybe a check up first may be essential after 3 bottles..its liver and kidney failure it causes right?
phone if you need some desperately...you know where i live.

Fudge has been PTS today the vet decided he had deteriorated so much that it was time for him to go :cry:

Back