• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy ending for Oliver

toffee

Mama Doe
I got Oliver 2 years ago from Bunnycamp in Bradford. He had lived at the bottom of a garden for the first year of his life in a tiny hutch with no love or human contact other than some food chucked in every now and then. He was very underweight and had problems with his hips because he'd never been able to hop. :(

After I got him he started to hop, strangely at first but gradually improved. The first time he did a binky he looked terrified!! All his old hair fell out and he grew a new patchy orange coat. He was terrified of me and wouldn't come anywhere near and used to stamp at me all the time.

Now, at 3 years old, He is hopping normally, has grown a beatiful agouti coat and weighs the best part of 3kg. The best thing is, last week while he was playing out in the sitting room, he hopped onto the sofa and sat with me for 10 mins for nose rubs. he has never done this before!! He's not frightened of me now and his personality is shining through. I'm so proud of him, and myself - I'm so glad that this bunny who had such a bad start in life is finally happy and behaving as he should without any fear of people. :love:

it is a loverly story, all it takes is a little time and love for any animal to reward you bk, some people are just so impatiant, my son bless him got excited the other day as he actually sat down still (not figited ) and big's went up to him for nose rubs and a wash,(my son never could understand why big's never went to him and he would be a little upset ) now he follows him around and and my son loves it, he is slowly starting to understand more hes 9 and has aspergers so his sudden movements and running around used to make big's just a little nervous as they've both got older they have got more tolorant of each other, there both still momies boys though :roll::lol:

Back