• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not drinking and....

Cornishlass

Mama Doe
My rabbit has nver drunk much but in this weather I'd have thought he'd be lapping it up! I fill the water bottle and his bowl so he can get water which ever way, well the water bottle doesn't appear touched and the bowl only a little if any. I'm worried. He seems fine in himself, eating his pellets and living on dandylions!! But the last 2 mornings I've come down to a dry litter tray - not even done a wee. I let him straight out in the garden and he'll maybe run to the bottom of the garden and do a few poos but sometimes not... Is he O.k.? He doesn't seem to be in pain and is active. I can stroke him and he doesn't wince or anything.... He won't eat hay of any sort - just occasionally nibbles it but loves the grass, dandylions and moss in the garden.

If he hasnt done a pee for two days i would take him to the vet.

Feel the buns tummy, if it feels hard then they should need a pee, try massaging the tummy to see if it makes them pee. (i did this with my wee kermit when he wasnt pee-ing and he peed all over me - lol!)

Is the amount of pellet that he eats about the same? If so, is the amount of poos that he produces seriously lower than the old days when he eats the same amount of poos?

Back