• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

just not my week - no more buns for me :(

Cornish Teasle

Warren Scout
am so upset went out this morning to find Tilly dead in her run :(

i only lost Teasle 2 days ago am completely devastated

no more rabbits i just cant deal with it - have looked Tilly over and she looks in perfect health? they were both fully vaccinated and (Teasle died because of his op) Tilly seemed in perfect health last night munching on her cabbage

will be breaking up the hutches and disinfecting today just incase something nasty is lurking in there ?

this is the first day in my whole life i have not had a rabbit am so so upset about teasle as it was my fault and confused about tilly as she looks so perfect

dont think i can have anymore :cry:

:cry: Aww hun Im so very sorry, thinking of you and dont blame yourself. I believe that a bun can pass away from a broken heart, when their partner has died. Sending massive hugs.

I am so sorry. :cry:

Perhaps as Steph said, Tilly just wanted to be with Teasle and couldnt live without him. Perhaps have a PM done by the vets just to make sure, as there might be no need to dismantle hutches.

ETA : It was in no way your fault that Teasle passed away. Dont blame yourself, you are a good bunny mummy x

def not a broken heart as they had never met they were planned to be bonded after the 6wks after Teasles op !

have just cleaned out her hutch and she had made a nest with her fur last night in her sleeping compartment? wonder if this is linked in anyway?

there is no way she was pregnant as had lived for 1yr previously with a guines pig and had never met Teasle?

Ea. one of us who lost rabbit has ask that same question you have, that we can't take the pain anymore and can't afford to have any more bunnies. I also recently lost 2 bunnies in the past few months.

But the other side of the coin is, each new bunny that replaces my bridge bunny, is a bunny that I give a 2nd chance in life, a bunny that would have PTS in the Humane Society center as they ran out of space. And looking at how happy they are, makes me happy.

I am very sorry for your tragic loss
I wonder if you feel able to have a PM done on Tilly ?
It obviously wont bring her back but it might give you some answers as to 'why'.........

RIP Tilly

:cry:

Janex

im so sorry :(

i agree about the PM, right now it seems so unimportant, at the moment the only thing you care about is that shes gone, but in a few weeks, youll start to wonder why, and i think it van help bring closure.

i am so so sorry for your loss, binky free tilly xx

Can't even begin to imagine how you are feeling :cry: Its so very cruel, and it shouldn't have happened. Please don't ever, ever blame yourself - it is just a very cruel, painful coincidence, I'm sure of it. Tilly will meet Teasle now, and they'll be watching over you with pride X

I am so so sorry for your loss.
I said 7 years ago when my last rabbit died that I would never have another rabbit as I lost 4 in a short space of time 1 when she was under having her op to be spade she didn't come back round,1 after she had the op to be spade she got an infection and died a few days later. 1 died from having a reaction to one of its vacs and the other died from an abcess.
But last year heard about this little lion heads needing a home as they couldn't groom them right so went and had a look at them and of course I brought them home When they went under to be done I was on tender hooks all day but they came through but then a few days later one got an infection and I thought oh no its going to happen again but this time the vets managed to save him and he is all better now.
I Have wanted another french lop for ages but didn't want females unless they had been spade couldn't find any in any of the rescues then saw bella a lop x lion head fell totaly in love with her but she wasn't spade and I just thought I can't go through that again so said I couldn't have her then kept looking at her and decided I have got to put my fears behide me and have her and then later I got her a french lop baby to be her friend so now I have two unspade females that will have to have the op later and I can tell you I am so nervous about it.
I thought I would just tell you my story to help you out and hopefully for you to open your heart out to another rabbit or 2 one day.

Awww I am so sorry you have had such an awful time. :( As others have said, please don't blame yourself, I went through similar with two of my girlies when they died after their op's. I hated myself for it and unfortnately this week is the anniversary of losing Phoeb, so I can fully appreciate the upset you are feeling. Massive (((((HUGS)))) to you. Binky free Tilly, hope you have met Teasle at the bridge.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I have lost two bunnies to SDS this year (within 10 days of each other) and it just plunges you into shock with so many unanswered questions that the natural feeling is it must be something you have or havn't done....which is utter balls.

Thinking of you today x

awww I'm really sorry you've had such a tragic week :cry: don't be disheartened though - I have just been trying to piece all your threads together and Teasle was a good age for a bunny - you did what you had to do so don't blame yourself as without a dental, he wouldn't have lasted much longer anyway :(

And Tilly - I gather was living with a piggie less than a fortnight ago when you rescued them? Well she may have been pining for the guinea pig if you split them, and although she had been vaccinated by you (presumably not her previous owners) - her immune system wouldn't have responed to the vaccines in less than a fortnight, so who knows why she died - could be vhd, could be she lost her appetite without her piggy friend, could be an underlying condition you didn't know about yet - who knows? I don't think you should feel to blame at all - rabbits are very fragile little things inside - it's just the way it goes with them :(

I lost one of mine just a few months after adopting them - first time I'd had rabbits and I felt such a failure (it was my fault too - he'd eaten roofing felt and I hadn't realised it was dangerous :oops:) - I felt very disheartened, but someone reminded me of all the others out there in rescue, desperate for homes - and just so's I couldn't lose them all I adopted a group of 5 - safety in numbers I was thinking - and they made me smile again, so don't give up - bunnies are fragile, but they are such a joy to have around if you can live with that.

im so sorry :(

i agree about the PM, right now it seems so unimportant, at the moment the only thing you care about is that shes gone, but in a few weeks, youll start to wonder why, and i think it van help bring closure.

i am so so sorry for your loss, binky free tilly xx

I disagree w/ the PM. As I need to point out, sometimes PM are inconclusive.

Back