• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need help with...

Titan

New Kit
Hi i need help with what kinds of food rabbits can eat and how much this as much as i know:i know that they need unlimited supply of hay, unlimited supply of water, they like some grass, fruit and veggies but not what kinds and how much also pellet amounts I will be using the same kind my sis gets but don't know how much any advice will be thanked :)

Hi, you just PM'd me, as did your sister (allfortheanimals)

To be honest i would rather help you here if thats ok so all your info is in one place:)

Well as your sister says she is an experienced breeder, could you not just ask her? Its good youve asked here though as there are some very knowledgeable people about:)

You can look up safe fruits and veggies for bunnies online but general staples we like to include are spring greens, small amounts of carrot and kale. Remember never to give iceberg lettuce, and of course never anything unnatural like dairy products. We give a bowl full of leaves each with their hay and a spoonful or two of fruit, or a very small handful of pellets (these need to be high fibre) along with unlimited hay every day

I hope this helps, good luck

Last edited:
Yes I did ask her she told me a lot but said I should join this to get two points of view and stuff that she didn't know and stuff

:wave: a good quality hay is a must and a few pellets for breakfast and supper. I'm not sure of what sort you can get in the US but a good high fibre pellet is the best, museli mixes can cause bunnies to selective feed.

as for veg and things, i stick to low calcium herbs like coriander, thyme, basil. parsley is higher in calcium so he has that a couple of times a week. fruit is a sunday treat and only in very small portions because they are very high in sugar.

always introduce new things in tiny amounts, starting with a postage stamp size portion, as bunnies tums are so sensitive.

lots of exercise too! :wave:

please, please, please, make sure this bun is secure from your dog aswell.

post some pics soon!

:wave: a good quality hay is a must and a few pellets for breakfast and supper. I'm not sure of what sort you can get in the US but a good high fibre pellet is the best, museli mixes can cause bunnies to selective feed.

as for veg and things, i stick to low calcium herbs like coriander, thyme, basil. parsley is higher in calcium so he has that a couple of times a week. fruit is a sunday treat and only in very small portions because they are very high in sugar.

always introduce new things in tiny amounts, starting with a postage stamp size portion, as bunnies tums are so sensitive.

lots of exercise too! :wave:

please, please, please, make sure this bun is secure from your dog aswell.

post some pics soon!

not being rude it was the cat that got them though and this isn't my sis that hit the cat the one is only 4

your sister put in another thread about a dog getting to her last bunny and she felt sad about it so i was just saying to make sure this bun is more secure, that's all. :wave:

Oh, OK That wasn't our dog it was the neighbors I'm not fond of the dogs they attack everything and everybody they killed my geese, rabbits, ducks, chickens and lots more we are trying to get the neighbors to chain them up like our dog (she gets regular walks though) her rabbit thing happened quite a while ago and now their in the barn

LauraLou what is your sig for the rice then the an'pea thing you know what it means?

:wave: that my bunny, Carlton, in my sig. I, myeslf, am of Jamaican heritage so I like to think that, as a black bunny, Carlton is too! That's why he has dreads in the pic!

The quote is taken from a comedy programme from over here, I don't think it's ever been shown in the States.

I hate eating rice and peas, i think it tastes horrible!

Oh, OK That wasn't our dog it was the neighbors I'm not fond of the dogs they attack everything and everybody they killed my geese, rabbits, ducks, chickens and lots more we are trying to get the neighbors to chain them up like our dog (she gets regular walks though) her rabbit thing happened quite a while ago and now their in the barn

oh no :cry: i hope your neighbours apologised, it must be horrible to find your animals having been attacked. :cry:

oh no :cry: i hope your neighbours apologised, it must be horrible to find your animals having been attacked. :cry:

Don't get me started it's horrible you know what they said? Oh well if their bugging you just shoot them!!:shock::censored::evil: Oh my gosh how cruel can they be none of them are fixed and they have pups all the time even with the coyotes!!!:shock: their soo mean they have buns, chickens, ducks, dogs, and cats and a few more I can't think of I feel soo sorry for the animals specially the buns they used to have horses in a pen as big as my kitchen oh they have pigs too one's leg is broke:cry::shock::cry:

Don't get me started it's horrible you know what they said? Oh well if their bugging you just shoot them!!:shock::censored::evil: Oh my gosh how cruel can they be none of them are fixed and they have pups all the time even with the coyotes!!!:shock: their soo mean they have buns, chickens, ducks, dogs, and cats and a few more I can't think of I feel soo sorry for the animals specially the buns they used to have horses in a pen as big as my kitchen oh they have pigs too one's leg is broke:cry::shock::cry:

gosh, that's awful :cry: i'd hate to have neighbours like that. i can't believe they'd say such things, what inconsiderate idiots.

they shouldn't be allowed to keep animals, makes me so mad. :censored:

Hey guys thanxs 4 all the help with the kinds of food that rabbits can eat and now i need more help with handling rabbits:bunny:

yeah I hate to think what the buns go through there is only one person I like that lives there and he takes care of them mainly so atleast they get played with me and him are friends just not his parents and brothers and sisters

Back