• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hal is Lame - U/D 9th June- Needs PSYCHIATRIC Referal !!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Hal had his VHD Vaccination last week. Despite using Lapinject he developed a post vaccination limp. Or at least I thought he did as it appeared less than 24 hours after vaccinating him. However, the limp has not resolved after 5 days of Metacam. So I am now thinking there may be something else going on :? There's no swelling, no signs of a fracture/dislocation, no signs of any soft tissue injury or abscess...........:?

Hal will need to see Christabel tomorrow. He is a very anxious boy ( he has very poor eyesight ) and really hates travelling. Can he have some vibes please.

Janex

Last edited:
Poor Hal, tons of vibes coming your way Jane, I really hope he can get better

Thanks everyone. Hal swears like a trouper if he is cross so I hope he does not come out with too many expletives tomorow.........:? :oops:

Janex

aww bless him. let's hope he's ok and let's hope he doesn't embarrass mummy too much by swearing :shock:

Well this morning Hal was binkying about and digging...:? No sign of lameness. Then he stopped to eat grass and immediately held up his right front leg. Christabel says she *thinks* its all 'in his head' now. I am to stop the Metacam and see what happens........:? Hal has been offered a referal to a Bunny Psychiatrist.................:rolleyes:

Janex

Well this morning Hal was binkying about and digging... No sign of lameness. Then he stopped to eat grass and immediately held up his right front leg. Christabel says she *thinks* its all 'in his head' now. I am to stop the Metacam and see what happens........ Hal has been offered a referal to a Bunny Psychiatrist.................

:shock::shock::shock:

Jane, I know you have a wacky sence of humour so please tell me you are joking>?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:shock::shock::shock:

Jane, I know you have a wacky sence of humour so please tell me you are joking>?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was joking !! :lol:

Christabel said it may well be psychosomatic as there is absolutely no sign of injury, no pain on examination and Hal can dig for England. It is only when he is eating that he holds his front right leg up.....:?

Nothing about me is 'normal'.........not even my Buns.......:rolleyes:

Janex

Well, they DO say that pets sometimes take on traits of their owners..............

.......................*visualises Jane holding her hand limply over her muesli bowl in the morning*

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back