• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can I help a rabbit rescue?

So I was chatting to a user about my avatar and this idea came up, I'd just like to know if it's actually feasable and if theres a rescue on here that would like this kind of help. So please give me feedback.

I do cross stitching. I do a lot of cross stitching, and have a lot of designs and fabrics and floss colours and a fair few rabbit designs that are only a few inches tall.

So I was thinking of making these up to sell to raise money for some rescues on here as you guys do such a fantastic job and I would really love to help you out. Well of course my first port of call was to check if I actually could sell these designs. And the answer was yes. I can sell for a small profit or to charities so long as I don't go into mass production. Wonderful!

So I've been collecting these designs and have been thinking how to stitch them, and I've come up with a few finishing ideas, some I've already tested, some are still just ideas, but I'd like to gage peoples opinions.

• I can make them into cards (happy birthday, christmas and so on for you to send out).
  • I can mount them on card to stand alone (like in the brown example below).
  • I was also thinking of making them into little smelling pouches, like filled with lavender or herbs to put in drawers or something to make your clothes smell nice. But I've not tried that yet, so it's still just an idea.

Here are just a couple of rabbit examples, I do have more designs that I've just not stitched yet, and I can alter the colours to match peoples preference.

A cute childish one and a more realistic one. I also have a few other animal designs that I could do if you wanted.

th_scan0008.jpg
th_Picture0099.jpg

So would anyone be interested in these?
Would one of you rescues like to be helped in this way?

I just want to help in some way but I can't foster or adopt any more as I just don't have the space.

Last edited:
You could always sell them through the fundraising section for a nominated rescue if they buyer maybe paid P&P too, or you could maybe donate some to be sold at bootsales or something similar.

They look great and I'm sure someone would be appreciative of the help. :wave:

Well I'm doing a fundraiser for BARC at the moment and they are your local rescue on here too but maybe someone else like Honeybunnies or FatFluffs?

I've never heard of BARC...in Barnsley I'm guessing?

I'd really like to help someone on this forum, are they on this forum?

Yeah they are, Barnsley Animal Rescue Center....Angie (Bunnymadhouse on here) is their rabbit rehoming co-ordinator, I have one of their foster rabbits at the moment :)

Oooh wonderful, thanks for the name drops. I'll probably send them a PM later if they don't post here in the mean time.

I really admire rescues and fosterers, I'd never want to let the bunnies go after I'd held them ^_^

I'm going back to bed in a minute though, so I'll catch up on this thread at work when I'm actually awake ^_^

Angie is on holiday at the moment but her sister Tracy who also helps with the rabbits is dealing with the rescue & rehoming in her stead so if you want to PM her her user name is mopsmum. :)

Ok, I'll keep that in mind, but there doesn't seem to be much interest.

How do you mean, Are you talking from the rescue point of view or people wanting your goods?

If it is rescue point of view, all rescues would be happy to accept any offers of help. If it was from the selling point of view, it probably would pay to make up a couple and see what happens.

There are a couple on the first post...
As I said, I made this thread for feedback. Whether a rescue would like this help and whether people would be willing to buy these. And if no one would be willing to, then there's no point in PMing the rescues about it.

It was just a thought as a few girls and myself are stitching cards for charities such as cancer research, childrens hospitals and so on. I was just wondering if the same idea could spread to help you guys too.

Last edited:
Back