• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best free/natural garden treats...

peediepixie

Mama Doe
I grow corriander and mint and give my buns dandelions from the garden. I've just discovered about rose petals and dried nettles so I'm going to give those too. What do you have growing in your garden that you give your buns?:D

Erm....blackberry bushes & dandelions :oops::oops: at least I did have, the gardeners have nearly removed them all now and they put weed killer down so everything is out of bounds.

I do give them roses when my vases start to die off though.

i have plantain, yarrow, fennel, nasturtiums, camomile, chives, mint, geum, golden rod all of which grow really easy(i'm no green fingers!) and the buns love them all!

mine love apple treeleaves and sticks, blackcurrent bush leaves, strawberry plants so much so i have none left!!!! had some corriander and some parsly but they ate that too lol so that must be a winner...nastursiums they love but i have them out front so they are rationed! lol they love dandilions in fact so much so the neigbours thought our mower was broken i was like oh no im harvesting the dandilion for the buns... crackers eh?! and i have wallflowers my buns nibble at and a yellow flowered plant dont know what it is called but all the rabbits myself and mum have had have gone mad for it and never been ill.

Dandelions,roses,blackberry and raspberry leaves,plantain,sow thistle,parsley,lemon balm,clover.....lots of rabbity yum yums

We have grown bamboo, a variety of grasses and a load of herbs on the roof terrace, the buns are always trying to eat the bamboo leaves but the plant doesn't like it, when the grasses get too long I let them in the big planter to trim it for me or cut bits off with scissors, Charlie has helped himself to the celery leaf and it doesn't want to grow back, his second favourite is sage :lol: lucky for them with this nice weather they are growing too fast for us to use them up in cooking so they keep getting bits of all sorts- it was flat leaf parsley yesterday :lol:

My bunny wont leave my acer alone - most of my pots are up on the bench as she is destroying them.

I got her some mint - its so funny - it made her sneeze.

I feed them strawberry leaves, milk thistle, Dandelion (small amounts), Sticky willies (cleavers :lol: ) and i think the other thing is shepherds purse :D

I just came back from a park near me, having snapped off a few birch branches, willow branches and hawthorne branches. :oops: People looked at me very funny as I trotted about stuffing branches into my plastic Adsa bag... But the bunnies love them!

Back