• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

washed vet bed

tickles

Mama Doe
Well after trying vet bed for the first time im wondering if i have done omething wrong as it still loooks messy but smells clean.
I brushed it off and beat it.
put it on delicate 30 and extra rinse and spin
but it still looks rough any tips

It does clump together after being washed for the first time, I quite like that look! :rolleyes: :lol:

You could brush it out a bit to make it fluffier again :)

Have you got an old wide toothed comb - I use that once it's dry to dematt it, straighten it out and fluff it up again

Does it look dirty? It never looks the same after its first wash, but dirty isn't so good! I wash my Vetbed on a much higher setting - have done it lots of times on 95 degrees for infection control purposes, but I'd definitely do it more than 30 degrees.

what i will done then sarah is wash it higher as yes it still looks dirty :cry: I havent had vet before so i wasnt sure what it would look like to be honest x thanks

I do mine on 60 deg then put in tumble dryer for 20 mins so it comes up all nice and fluffy :D

I've always used vetbed for my dogs and believe me, it can take a lot of abuse in the washing machine and in the tumble dryer. I always wash it on at least 60 degrees and, depending on how I'm feeling, I either tumble it or just leave it to air dry. It does 'clump' a bit after you've washed it and the cheaper immitation vetbed is worse than genuine vetbed. Still works just as well though for a fraction of the cost.

Barley wont lay on hers,she just drags it across the room!!!:lol:For some reason shes always prefered sleeping on the cold floor!!

Back