• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

two bucks together. AAARGH!

Squizz

Alpha Buck
Hi,

We have had Hamish and Rocky from babies when we didn't even know what sex they were. They loved each other, until puberty hit when they began to fight. We immediately separated them until they were neutered.

Last Saturday (10 days after the big snip) we reintroduced them, and they fought for a bit then settled down, and happily moved into their old home. All week they have been good friends.

This morning I am woken up by a big commotion from the rabbits room. they are having a big scrap and there's fur everywhere.

They are in the room with me now, away from each other, but every now and again it all flares up again.

Do you think I should just leave them to fight it out? or is it really the case that two boys are not a good combination? Any idea what could have set them off again?

Thanks in advance!!

Oh crikey if its serious fighting dont let them fight it out i think you need to check them for injuries as they can be very serious a bite can turn into a nasty absess and can kill them. Unfortunatley their hormones will still be raging i think go back to letting them see and sniff eachother through the safety of wire and then try again.

Split them between mesh till things settle then rebond them slowly,with then already having a big scrap it might be hard to rebond them,good luck.

Hi,

We have had Hamish and Rocky from babies when we didn't even know what sex they were. They loved each other, until puberty hit when they began to fight. We immediately separated them until they were neutered.

Last Saturday (10 days after the big snip) we reintroduced them, and they fought for a bit then settled down, and happily moved into their old home. All week they have been good friends.

This morning I am woken up by a big commotion from the rabbits room. they are having a big scrap and there's fur everywhere.

They are in the room with me now, away from each other, but every now and again it all flares up again.

Do you think I should just leave them to fight it out? or is it really the case that two boys are not a good combination? Any idea what could have set them off again?

Thanks in advance!!

don't leave them to fight it out.

You can either go for one of two options.

1. Separate and leave them for anotehr couple of weeks and then reintroduce on a new area.

2. Restrict their space and treat them as if you are starting bonding them again. Use a broom and separate them for about 10 seconds if they latch on to each other. If they are chasing leave them and just watch.

There are no serious injuries, I split them up this morning and checked them both over. Since putting them together they have - eaten together - groomed each other - laid together as if nothing has happened. Every now again though Rocky sniffs Hamish's bum - which he objects too and they start chasing again.

Right now, they are they are both flopped out near each other but not touching.

It's confusing because they seem to like each other still?!?

It could still help splitting them between mesh and let them calm down.

OK thanks. As I type they seem chilled with each other...in fact Rocky just started grooming Hamish. I reckon I will set some kind of pen up for when I need to leave the room.

Buns - so stressful sometimes!:cry:

Back