• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

nevermind :p

Personally I would not even think of putting him on a lead again. To get into a 'scream panic' once is bad enough, twice to me means it would be very unkind to try again :cry:

Janex

Is it to give him more room to exercise? You could try then puppy pens - most of them you can join extra panels into to make them even bigger and they fold up for storage afterwards :)

many buns dont like the harnesses, and personally i think there dangerous. if its bcus u want more room for your bunny, i would recommend getting a bigger run or joining puppy panels together:wave:

:D Hey, no its not that the lead scares him or is uncomfortable for him, he absolutely loves it!! .. basically what happened the first time is that he ran round my BF legs and that scared him & i think he must have bruised himself .. today I didnt put the post in the right place and he got behind a bush and didn't realise he had to turn around and kept struggling to get round... so totally my fault and do I feel bad or whatt!!

But please dont think he is frightened of it and doesnt like it cos he really does love it!!

We've recently move house so getting the garden together now.. & there's a 'feature type thing' in the middle of the lawn on one side and the other side has weed killer on..

With regard to the excerise thing.. he has a pretty big run for the garden, which is big enough for him but we will be making it bigger but the lead is so he can experience more freedom & because he likes it! He's never out on it without being supervised.. for obvious reasons!

BUT now deffinately going to have to re think the whole thing

:D Hey, no its not that the lead scares him or is uncomfortable for him, he absolutely loves it!! .. basically what happened the first time is that he ran round my BF legs and that scared him & i think he must have bruised himself .. today I didnt put the post in the right place and he got behind a bush and didn't realise he had to turn around and kept struggling to get round... so totally my fault and do I feel bad or whatt!!

But please dont think he is frightened of it and doesnt like it cos he really does love it!!

We've recently move house so getting the garden together now.. & there's a 'feature type thing' in the middle of the lawn on one side and the other side has weed killer on..

With regard to the excerise thing.. he has a pretty big run for the garden, which is big enough for him but we will be making it bigger but the lead is so he can experience more freedom & because he likes it! He's never out on it without being supervised.. for obvious reasons!

BUT now deffinately going to have to re think the whole thing

Do you attach the lead to a post?!

if you attatched it to a post that is very dangerous, i would strongly recommend to never ever do that again, he could easily break his back x

He's on a harness, with a small lead with some rope tied to that which has a loop on the end which is looped around one of those small solar lights... does that make sense to u??

Its not the lead or the light/post that's the problem

please dont tie his lead to anything. someone on here did the same thing and the bunny broke its leg/hip? Im sure if she sees this thread she will advise you not to do the same thing. :)

please dont tie his lead to anything. someone on here did the same thing and the bunny broke its leg/hip? Im sure if she sees this thread she will advise you not to do the same thing. :)

:) thankyou! It makes sense :roll: he will have to make do with run & his next run will be bigger for him ... Its a shame the garden isn't bunny proof but cant do that because there are too many bunny shaped holes for him to escape from and work will be starting on our house which will make it dangerous

Back