• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Heres our brave unwell girl

100_8675.jpg

:love:

Hi, thanx everyone

Shes back for tests on Monday although i didnt really understand what for...it really feels like shes losing the battle:( Shes so thin now, and in the last 2 days has been weeing all over the living room when shes usually the most clean girl you can imagine...im doubting how much control she has:( Its breaking our hearts, poor girls been through so much and its such a dramatic change...for a start shes half the size she used to be

Ill keep this thread updated though
:(

Awww bless her lilac my rex started loosing weight last year turned out she had a mass inbetween her bowels and bladder she started weeing everywhere too,they only gave her a month to live but she lived another 6 months
Hope they find out whats wrong xx

Thank you both:(:( She has free range of half of the house now and she used to race around like mad...now she follows us but otherwise sits huddled up. She lets us pick her up whereas before shed have scratched our hands to pieces...infact she begs to be picked up. And we keep stepping in wee because she cant even help it when she used to be the cleanest bunny ever. Shes also drinking loads. Its so heartbreaking, too much has happened too quickly with them, we only lost her partner a few weeks ago
Praying our vet can do something
Feel so helpless, feel overwhelmed by everything hitting us now:(
She was one of the first bunnies i ever properly knew, along with old Charlie. Shes so special
Look, shes just bones under that fur. Im bawling my eyes out just looking at these photos
100_8702.jpg

Last edited:
I'm afraid those symptoms sound like an absolutely classic indication of renal problems, the weightloss, excessive drinking and incontinance.
Her leg muscle's look very wasted in that picture....is she having difficulties with them?

E Cuniculi is always a prime suspect in these cases.

Poor Sun :cry:

I'm afraid those symptoms sound like an absolutely classic indication of renal problems, the weightloss, excessive drinking and incontinance.
Her leg muscle's look very wasted in that picture....is she having difficulties with them?

E Cuniculi is always a prime suspect in these cases.

Poor Sun :cry:

I think the vet mentioned that. To be honest im so all over the place lately it all got a bit mixed up as he gave so much information, i havent even had time to grieve the other buns with everything happening so it confused me somewhat...Yes, her back leg muscles barely exist now, theyre kind of floppy...still moving but not much, she cant jump onto the sofa without slipping so we help her on when she asks

Shes also had snuffles which did "go away" but yesterday we spotted the dreaded wet nose yet again

Were at the vets tomorrow when hopefully my mind will be more in order, but is there a cure?:(:(

Thanx

Were at the vets tomorrow when hopefully my mind will be more in order, but is there a cure?:(:(

Thanx

There is no cure for either I'm afraid. Renal problems can be managed but ultimately lower life expectancy....my bun Pippa passed away in January from liver failure although she did make it to 7 but was 6 when symptoms appeared.

For EC Panacur can control, maybe eradicate, the protozoa but it cannot undo any existing damage....it just prevents any more occuring. She should have a 6 week course anyway.

I suspect the tests your vet wants to run is a full blood profile which will check her renal function and they may want to titre test for EC antibodies too although the initial test will only show whether she has been exposed to EC or not....not that the infection is active.

I would imagine her Pasteurella has flared again because her immune system is so run down and under stress. Ironically this is usually when dormant EC infections start to become symptomatic.

There is no cure for either I'm afraid. Renal problems can be managed but ultimately lower life expectancy....my bun Pippa passed away in January from liver failure although she did make it to 7 but was 6 when symptoms appeared.

For EC Panacur can control, maybe eradicate, the protozoa but it cannot undo any existing damage....it just prevents any more occuring. She should have a 6 week course anyway.

I suspect the tests your vet wants to run is a full blood profile which will check her renal function and they may want to titre test for EC antibodies too although the initial test will only show whether she has been exposed to EC or not....not that the infection is active.

I would imagine her Pasteurella has flared again because her immune system is so run down and under stress. Ironically this is usually when dormant EC infections start to become symptomatic.

:(:( Oh no...so sorry to hear about your Pippa, im glad she was in such caring hands

Youre right about the tests, i remember the vet saying now about the "titre test" so itll be that. She has been on panacur before but not for 6 weeks, but the vets said we should wait for that until the tests are done for some reason. But to be honest if it cant undo any damage shes in a very, very bad position right now:cry::cry: Our old bun Charlie wasnt even this bad and she died age 11

Thank you so much or the advice and help, ill post up here and let you know how her tests go

Sending (((vibes))) for the poor girl. I have to admit the picture you posted last night shocked me quite a bit :cry::cry:

Thank you, she needs them:(

I cant believe how quickly it came on...shes always drank a little more than usual but the vet said not to worry as she was the fittest looking bunny you can imagine, she was a big girl too, all shiny and racing around everywhere and very independent. Its happened literally within about 2 weeks, every day we wake up and shes lost a staggering amount of weight, its just crazy. I think i even posted pics of her up here a few weeks ago and she looked fine. It sounds silly, but it really seems like Earls death tipped her over the edge:(

:(:( To be honest im really scared if all the vet can do is prevent further damage because her quality of life is so poor now

Im shaking like mad

:(

Tons of vibes coming Sun's way, I really hope the vet can do something for her, although I have to agreee with Sooz she does look very poorly.

Oh dear:(- I do hope the vet can do something for Sun even if just pain releif. Hope ll goes well at 4pm at vets today..will be thinking of you-Sue

Thanks, thats really kind

Ive just cleaned out her carrycase and given her a big cuddle

She doesnt even feel like she weighs anything

Shes eating a green now but very slowly and deliberately

Ive gone numb now after crying. I think im in shock

oh dear- its terrible when they lose weight isn't it. Just comfort her before the vets and try to stay positive. Cuddles are good for both of you right now.-Suex

keep offering her juicy greens frequently- i used to wet a leaf with water when chelsea had myxi and count the leaves each day-every leaf counts.

Back