• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Megazorb - where and how?

Mackers

Wise Old Thumper
I currently use newspaper and hay to line my litter trays but newspaper isn't very absorbent. I change the trays every other day (outdoor buns) or every day if the weather is a bit warm. I'm thinking of changing to megazorb as so many of you seem to use it. Where's the best place to buy it - I've had a quick look online and there doesn't seem to be anywhere local (Milton Keynes) where I can buy a large sack so would probably have to resort to buying smaller bags online.

Also, how do you use it? Might sound daft but the buns usually pee in one corner or at one end of the litter tray. This stuff's not cheap (not as cheap as newspaper!) so can you just discard the soiled megazorb and re-use the clean stuff? Or do you all just discard the whole tray's worth of litter and refill it? I'm not a cheap-skate but I don't want to go binning stuff if someone says "you don't need to do that". Thanks.

I use megazorb and you can get it from The Hay Experts or Pampered Piggies. You can reuse the stuff which isn't wet as it is quite obvious where they have weed. I usually put a layer of megazorb and put hay on top.

Fab! Thanks - I thought you might be able to use the dry stuff again. And, yes, I also planned on putting hay on top, coz that's what they're used to plus they like to nibble and poo at the same time!

To my knowlage, it only comes in 85L sacks. Try asking about in smaller local petshops to see if they can order it in for you, as it's quite popular as a small animal bedding. You get more then you think in a sack too, for example a bag lasts me about 3 cleanings of my hamster cages, and thats for one three foot tank, two two foot cages, and two slightly smaller cages. So for a litter tray, it should last aaaages..

The cheapest place to order it from on line is Farmway. Link

Back