• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Marshas eye is runny advice please u/d

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
this morning, whilst ive been out, her eye has been running... it would appear to have stopped now. her teeth where checked two weeks ago when we went for vacc.
it is clear, not milky.

could she have irritated her eye with hay perhaps?

I will book her into the vets monday and see emergency vet this weekend if she needs it, just wanting some advice really.

Bailey has watery eyes when his front teeth need trimming.

x

Last edited:
Is her eye inflammed, either the cornea, under the lower eyelid or the whites of her eyes?

I suspect she just had some minor irritation....if the watering persists or she starts to discharge coloured liquid I would pop her to the vets.

Wipe her eye dry so you can see if it starts again and so the tears dont make her skin sore or fur rot.

Is her eye inflammed, either the cornea, under the lower eyelid or the whites of her eyes?

I suspect she just had some minor irritation....if the watering persists or she starts to discharge coloured liquid I would pop her to the vets.

Wipe her eye dry so you can see if it starts again and so the tears dont make her skin sore or fur rot.

Thanks Sooz, no her eye looks fine, no inflamation. I brought her in for an hour and gave her a good check over.

She is bright and alert, i took some photos which ive just posted in pics section.

If it persists and is no better by monday i shall slip her to the vets then.

Thanks again x

it has watered more since i put hwe back out...

the fur doesn't look red and i have dried it, but, her fur looks like she has been doused just near her duct.

her eye is not inflamed and her skin is not sore x

after some research, its a possibility that she has a blocked tear duct, is this something relativly easy to treat?

x

sorry to keep asking, but its really intermittant. i keep going out and she will be nearly dry,

then i go out later and her eyes dribbled again x

update it hasn't watered any more, and her eye is very dry so she is fine!!

touch wood, i think she must have had a small piece of hay in her eye as it was attatched to her 'sleep'.

glad her eye is better

cerys had a runny eye last week and was given some eye drops from the vet

it cleared up after the first drop

Back