• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

where to buy an indoor rabbit cage

wattsy

Young Bun
Hi, i am wondering if anyone has a good website they use to buy their bunny stuff, i am looking for a side opening indoor cage and they all seem to cost over 60 quid

I don't think you're going to get a decent indoor cage for under £60.00. I got my indoor cage from Zooplus, and it's got a pen attached and another cage that I already had so my two have a big cage to share - the cage and pen came to around £80.00, though the same cage now has gone up to £99.00.

A lot of people on here use NIC cubes to make an indoor pen and then use carriers or box for somewhere the bun can go in. Or a dog crate with attached pen which you may be able to get cheaper than a cage.

Last edited:
indoor cages

thanks Becca that website looks great so many goodies to buy, whats an nic cube?

This is where you can get the cubes from - you can basically make whatever shape you like - I'm going to get some so I can build up so that my two will have their cage, with access into one of these so that they can have different levels.

If you look at this recent bunny housing thread you can get some fantastic ideas on how to start your own set-up.

Zooplus is fantastic - I ordered a massive sack of guinea pig food two weeks ago on a Friday at 9.00 pm and the delivery (there were a few other bits too :roll:) came the following Wednesday - and it comes from Germany. Brilliant service and products.

:D

Last edited:
Does it have to be a cage? you can build your own set up like this :wave:

someone I know has built this kind of thing :D:D

020.jpg

I like dog crates for indoor housing - rabbits don't like being picked up, and with a dog crate they can easily hop out without the risk of breaking their leg in a door on a cage. If you want to keep the mess contained though, get the big size cat litter tray - the luxury type - for a baby rabbit, and underbed storage boxes for adult rabbits - all the litter and hay can go in there :)

Doggy Solutions seem to be really cheap for dog crates! I ordered mine and it came the next day! :D Currently have 20% off their gold and blue crates, and even cheaper light-weight crates too! Size-wise, I'd suggest getting the biggest you can afford! ;)

Back