• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A walking rabbit

Cornishlass

Mama Doe
My rabbit seems to be quite nervous but I've noticed when he is approaching somewhere he is unsure of he stretches out his front paws then "walks" his back paws one at a time instead of hopping - looks really strange but cute. He tends to "walk" a little every day. Is this O.K? / normal?

I've also noticed him give a really looong stretch.

The streching is Normal! Mine do it Loads!!

I think the walking is normal too, sometimes they may do this when they are in a slow mood, or just want to be different. I am not sure though, so I would wait for a more 'experienced' member to reply ;)
Jack x x

Yes, both of mine do this if they are 'investigating' something.

Don't you just love it when they stretch? Smokey does this little 'padding' thing with her front paws, it's adorable.

I just love the walking. T used to do it quite a lot when he was still working out whether he was in a safe place - he still does it now if he's a bit unsure.

I've never seen Bella do it as she's an ultra-confident bunny :roll:

I love the stretch and yawn they do.

mine oes it all the time lol its when they want to investigate a new area that theyre unsure of its like a safety thing for them, a bit like when u get in the bath u dont jump in with both feet you put one in first lol

Mo is particularly skilled at investigating things and often walks about instead of hoping. Nothing to worry about!

I think the stretching-i-really-dont-know-what-this-is-so-ill-have-to-walk-really-slow-just-in-case is one of my favourite bunny moments! My nethie Twinkle does it ALL the time cos she's just nervous by nature. Awww bless them all eh? :lol:

Lisa and the bunsxx

mine will always head bob walk in a new place or if there is something new in their space......they stretch out as far as possible, stick their ears out and the head goes up down up down. I think it is so they can investigate but be prepared to flee if needed.

Back