• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fed up.. bonding

Rose

Mama Doe
I'm fed up about not bonding Molly and Jack, i really want to bond them but i keep putting it back for example i know i should get Molly spayed but cant afford to for a while and i should buy a pen for the bonding but that back too. Also its having the time, i'm only home untill 4:30 pm during the weekday.

I dont know what to do.:cry:

Anyone? I'm really really fed up, i feel like im going to cry.:cry:

The only option ive got is too bond them in Molly's cage but will it work if i gave it a bloody good clean.

For Sammy and Elsa's bonding pen, I just kind of joined up some planks of wood/ old doors etc and created a pen that way:D Or you could try them in your bathroom, it doesn't necessarily have to be a pen:)

Do you think it will be ok to do it in Molly's cage if i gave it a really really really good clean. Molly doesnt seem bothered when jack comes up to her her through the bars.

I bonded Hunny and Mustard ın Hunnys run. But I dısınfected ıt thoroughly so there was no trace of her smells and moved ıt ınto a dıfferent posıtıon so ıt was neutral for both of them.

Nıcholas and Maggıe also have Mustards old hutch, whıch I dısınfected and gave ıt a lıck of paınt. they have decıded very quıckly that ıt ıs theır home and left theır scent on ıt wıthout notıcıng any other bunny whıffs!

I hope thıs helps and I hope you manage to bond your 2 soon. Defınıtely get them neutered and spayed though, ıt helps wıth theır temperament!

Carmen

How long do you think it would be ok to leave them. I could start today but i'm at college on Monday.

Until you try you never know how it is going to go.

I used the kitchen when Herb bonded with the girls. I put a tarpaulin on the floor, so they didn't slip (and easy to clean up), with piles of hay and a cardboard box to explore. Thankfully they were fine from the word go, and later that day we moved them into Herb's run and then into the conservatory together. Neither of the girls were spayed at the time.

Try your's in a neutral space, you can always bed down near them overnight if needs be.

Good luck,
Vanessa xx

The problem is the only place jack hasnt been is the hall way which is why i was wondering about the cage. :?

Its 6 months for a doe ısnt ıt? Hunny was done 2 weeks ago (she ıs 1 thıs month). Maggıe ıs 2 and was done already when she came to me.

Three months ısnt that long really, although ıt may seem ıt.:) Maybe you can buy a lıttle treat a week and put them away, so by the tıme you bond them, they have loads of cool stuff to play wıth? You could start plannıng theır new home to take up the tıme?:)

Lookıng forward to hearıng how ıt goes ın 3 months.

Carmen

:? :? can or can i not use the cage that has been disinfected in a neutral area. If i can i want to start soon.

Last edited:
Its 6 months for a doe ısnt ıt? Hunny was done 2 weeks ago (she ıs 1 thıs month). Maggıe ıs 2 and was done already when she came to me.

Three months ısnt that long really, although ıt may seem ıt.:) Maybe you can buy a lıttle treat a week and put them away, so by the tıme you bond them, they have loads of cool stuff to play wıth? You could start plannıng theır new home to take up the tıme?:)

Lookıng forward to hearıng how ıt goes ın 3 months.

Carmen

Molly is the sweetest rabbit i have ever known and the signs are positive when they say hello to each other between the bars.

Have you a garden you can pen off an area?

Thoroughly cleaning a hutch can be difficult to ensure all smells have gone which is why it is often useful to leave the hutch empty for a few days before they are put back into it after it has been thoroughly cleaned.

Could you cover a floored area indoors with thick cardboard to cover up the smells while you are bonding. This would also give you time to get the hutch thoroughly cleaned.

If you start NOW you have time, however I would not start much later than now, it would be better then to start next Friday at 4.30 pm so you have plenty of time.

Evan though jack has been in the kitchen if i put a sheets and blankets down on the floor would it be ok. I dont have a pen at the moment.

Back