• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This week in Twickenham I am bonding ...

janice

Wise Old Thumper
Tonight in Twickenham ....... we are bonding a black and white dutch and a tan and white dutch. All is quiet

My other pairing up is for a very patient lady who has waited ages for her new pair of buns. This pair are not as quiet as the first but definately things are going reasonably well.

My third pair ... only half of them has arrived, so tomorrow another pair is coming instead and Sooty will go back to donnas until next weekend.

Fingers crossed over here Janice, especially for your second pairing. Sending lots of positive thoughts over to you and yours.:D

Fingers crossed over here Janice, especially for your second pairing. Sending lots of positive thoughts over to you and yours.:D

I am just downloading a little video of them, there is no agression just lots of movement. Knowing how patiently this lady has waited this is a pair I desperately want to work. I dont think she is aware yet that I will be posting about them on here :D hoepfully she will log on over the wekend.

I am just downloading a little video of them, there is no agression just lots of movement. Knowing how patiently this lady has waited this is a pair I desperately want to work. I dont think she is aware yet that I will be posting about them on here :D hoepfully she will log on over the wekend.

Oh I am logged on!!! Fingers crossed and thank you so much. Will be great to see how things are progressing :) :) :)

This my first pairing
CIMG0247.jpg

I cannot believe how quiet everyone has been over night. Not a single thump ... or I was so tired that I slept through everything :? Unusually there is not a tiny amount of fur pulled in both pens, where there normally is some:? The only thing I wonder is if there were pixies in the house last night cleaning up ... however they forgot the washing up and the vacumning :lol:

There is an unsual air of peace over the house today, which is very odd for day 1 of bonding ...

In the first pair, my black and white dutch seems a little more hesitant and is happy to snuggle up in the hay tray but doesnt dominate it, whereas the tan and white is very confident and loves human contact.

In my second pair Harriet is very active and appears very gentle, whereas her new partner is the more quiet slightly introverted partner of the two.

more piccies are being downloaded .........

Pairing number 3 for the weekend has just started these are probably going to be the most difficult ones of the weekend. Meet Timmy who is a lunging biter who we are pairing up with a special needs bunny who has a spleyed leg and who gets a dirty bottom due to inability to clean herself due to the leg problem.

These are being paired up and will probably stay as long term residents of ARC unless someone special offers them a permanent home ......

CIMG0254.jpg

Last edited:
OOOOOOOOOOOooooooo Timmy. Listen mate, this is your best chance of getting out of ARC! :lol::lol::lol: Go one, you know you want a nice lady really.

Hope all goes well here Janice, I do love that Timmy.:D

OOOOOOOOOOOooooooo Timmy. Listen mate, this is your best chance of getting out of ARC! :lol::lol::lol: Go one, you know you want a nice lady really.

Hope all goes well here Janice, I do love that Timmy.:D

They will probably stay as long term bunnies ... we are looking at freeing up some hutches whilst also addressing the best options for him and her as they are unlikely to find homes ...... as they have both been with ARC a while now.

The state of play now is

Pair number 1: The dutches have settled down and appear happy together
CIMG0262.jpg

Pair number 2: Harriet and her partner have been grooming each other although I cannot catch this on camera as yet.
CIMG0257.jpg

Pair number 3 are less at each other and seem to be settling down.
CIMG0259.jpg

Let me know introduce pair number 4. A little nethie and a bigger girl
CIMG0261.jpg

Keep it up J, you're doing a grand job. Good job your o/h isn't around this weekend - there wouldn't be room for him!

As said Timmy and Alice will be looking for a very special home - though I don't expect they'll find one. They are both biters and she has splay legs.

Awww, Timmy is so pretty. Shame he is aggressive. But maybe you will find someone who likes a bit of a challenge. :)

I don't think these adorable babies I saw at Karen's today, will be hard to rehome. I fell in love with one of them, but luckily Alistair was with me. :lol: I could not remember seeing any of Karen's bunnies on the ARC website. I always thought there have to be some more bunnies somewhere. :) Maybe I should apply for a job as ARC bunny photographer, gives me an excuse to see all the bunnies. :lol:

Glad that Harriet has found a friend now, she is a lovely girl.

Back