• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Massaging?

AnnaDelie

Mama Doe
Hi All,

I've recently bought "The Relaxed Rabbit" to join my collection of bunny books. It's basically a book on bunny massaging and her bunny loved it, it looks really interesting and I would like to try it on my own.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried this out and what results they've found?

Many thanks all,

id love that book, where did you get it from?.

ive massaged shauny, nothin out of a book, but just gentle needing down his spine and all over, it always gets his teeth purring:).
x

I've tried the rocking one but the bunnies don't want to rock.:roll:
They liked the skin rolling one and went all relaxed. BJ closed his eyes.:D

I think that it's a great little book and think that the rabbits really like being massaged (don't we all!).

Absolutely worth trying with your own buns.

I really like that book - I've found that some bunnies like it more than others, and it is important to work out which bits they do and don't like. My own buns aren't too keen but certainly some of the fosters I've had, especially those who are very scared and previously aren't used to being handled, have taken to some of the techniques really well and have really calmed down with it :D

I'm really glad their's some positive responses and other people have tried out the book :) I think it's gonna be hard just to keep my buns still while I massage :D

awesome :D do they come when you call them too?

I've also been looking a little at clicker training, bunny-mad I am at the mo:lol:

awesome :D do they come when you call them too?

I've also been looking a little at clicker training, bunny-mad I am at the mo:lol:

Yep :D They all know their names and mine are all clicker trained to come in and out of the house, Buu and Beau to go to and get in their hutch or run and to jump into their baskets :) Clicker training was so easy, I did it with small pieces of fruit and veg x

I have that book and thought it was fab, although not tried the actual routines just read it to get ideas :)

I used to massage Bobbin when he was younger and would lie down more, he loved it and licked the floor in front of him and purr his teeth :love: But he doesn't really lie like that any more and won't have any of it when he's just sat there :(

I will have to try on Little Roo just as soon as she calms down and stops running around! :lol:

I'm glad there's other ppl who use massaging on their buns successfully :D I'm gonna try both massaging and clicker-training although I don't know if it'd be easy..

Sillybun, really glad to hear they know their names! That'd be awesome if I could do that :D

I'm glad there's other ppl who use massaging on their buns successfully :D I'm gonna try both massaging and clicker-training although I don't know if it'd be easy..

Sillybun, really glad to hear they know their names! That'd be awesome if I could do that :D

It took Beau about 15 minutes to come when I called his name :D I just brought a clicker for about £2 and chopped up a carrot into really small bits. I sat on the floor with them and clicked it every time I gave a piece of carrot. It took about three clicks for them to know the click meant food :shock: :lol: Then I started saying their names as I clicked and after about 5 minutes I stopped clicking and just called their names and they come running over :) It really is so easy. And it was exactly the same for getting them to go in their hutch and run by themselves, but that took a few hours :) It saves so much time in the long run because I dont have to chase them around the garden trying to catch them anymore x

Cool - I'll give it a go :) I may need to come back to you if any probs, but from the sounds of it it shouldn't be too difficult,

Thanks sillyrabbit :D x

Back