• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rose petals

Yes. The bunnies also enjoy the leaves but I always make sure that they don't have any black spot or aphid covering (and of course pesticides). A good idea to avoid those with thorns too.

My buns get them almost every day in the summer as a treat - Turkish Delight for bunnies.:D

as duchess says - rose scented turkish delight for buns ! (obviously I don't mean you should feed them actual turkish delight!!)

Ive just given some to Buster for the first time...hes munching away with great delight!...turkish delight maybe?!:lol:

Oh yeah fresh is best. I haven't tried drying them out but I guess that would work too - just like dried plantain or dried nettle. In fact I think I have seen one of those expensive natural treats containing dried rose petals. Thing that you need to bare in mind when drying anything like nettles and petals is that you make sure that they dry really quickly in somewhere like a greenhouse before any moulds can develop as they can cause problems for bunnies.

fresh is definitely best...

fleurs001.jpg

What a gorgeous picture!:)

My LolaBunny has to be kept away from my Clematis! She loves it but I prefer it on the wall, and I dont know if it upsets her tummy.

My LolaBunny has to be kept away from my Clematis! She loves it but I prefer it on the wall, and I dont know if it upsets her tummy.
Sure I read that clematis is bad for them.. I must be shooing htem away from it for a reason (senior moment :oops: )

Clematis twigs/stems are unsafe for bunnies but I don't know about the flowers.

A few more flowers that are safe (but not necessarily recommended in large amounts) are: carnations, geranium/geum, marigold, nasturtium, stock, sunflowers and wallflower.:D

Clematis twigs/stems are unsafe for bunnies but I don't know about the flowers.

A few more flowers that are safe (but not necessarily recommended in large amounts) are: carnations, geranium/geum, marigold, nasturtium, stock, sunflowers and wallflower.:D
phew.. I have none of those... and had to dig up my precious bluebells so the munchkins didn't consider nibbling those

fudge and flowers is good....he likes chrysthamums (spelling)....and will help himself from the vase given half the chance...and he doesnt really hide their stems under the rocking chair and come greet me with little yellow petals in his fur! :rolleyes:

So for nettles, can you just pick them, dry them and then give them to the buns? If that's the case then I'm off (with a pair of thisck gloves!) to try it:D

So for nettles, can you just pick them, dry them and then give them to the buns? If that's the case then I'm off (with a pair of thisck gloves!) to try it:D

Yep that's it. Just make sure that before you feed the dried nettles that there is not white dust/mould on them and you'll be fine. :D

Back