• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

They've gone into boarding

clairen

Warren Scout
My 4 have gone to the Bunnyhopinn in Essex for a couple of nights while we visit family. I am then putting them in for 9 nights at the end of the month while we go on holiday.

I felt really bad, like I was abandoning them :cry:. I suppose because they are rescues it's worse - I feel they are finally settled, all seem really happy, then I go and put them in boarding, poor things.

The upside is the boarding facilities are really great, rabbits only and very small business and the owners lovely so I'm sure they'll be fine. Plus they have each other for comfort.

I hope they forgive me :(

:wave: Mine are rescue bunnies and have been in boarding since mid April till now, all bar about 10 days in between. It hasn't bothered them in the slightest and as soon as they were back home, they remembered everything and were jumping in the pots eating etc. so I wouldn't worry.. you're being a good bunny Mum by ensuring they get the best possible care and attention whilst you're away :)

:wave: Mine are rescue bunnies and have been in boarding since mid April till now, all bar about 10 days in between. It hasn't bothered them in the slightest and as soon as they were back home, they remembered everything and were jumping in the pots eating etc. so I wouldn't worry.. you're being a good bunny Mum by ensuring they get the best possible care and attention whilst you're away :)

Good to hear your buns have been ok. It probably helps if anything being rescues as I suppose they are used to other rabbits in the vicinity, upheaval etc. Thanks, you've made me feel better :).

I went away for few days recently and my bunnies were boarded and they loved it, I got photo text messages from them devouring there boarding mums garden and its was nice, I now feel happy leaving them with Kerry for longer when I go away, I think they missed me a bit, as I got lots of licks etc when I collected them, but I gave them far more kisses, as I missed them sooooo much. I was wandering around with my husband say i wonder what my bunnies are doing now, have they had their tea do you think etc etc, I think I did his head in.

I went away for few days recently and my bunnies were boarded and they loved it, I got photo text messages from them devouring there boarding mums garden and its was nice, I now feel happy leaving them with Kerry for longer when I go away, I think they missed me a bit, as I got lots of licks etc when I collected them, but I gave them far more kisses, as I missed them sooooo much. I was wandering around with my husband say i wonder what my bunnies are doing now, have they had their tea do you think etc etc, I think I did his head in.

That's a nice story, I'm sure we miss them far more than they miss us :lol:. I think I'll feel better when this weekend is over - hopefully they'll have coped ok and I'll feel more confident for next time.

Back