• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A turn for the worse with Bonnie

mybunnies

Warren Scout
She has attacked Coco,ripping his ear and fur pulling whilst we were out,
while i was feeding them both i had to move her as she went to nip his face:cry:

Ive fed them both separately,tried to split them up but coco is wanting to be with her,so after speaking with my OH we have sent sooz a text to tell her we need to return bonnie asap.

the whole family are gutted about this,our hearts go out to Coco and his Unrequited love for Bonnie.He really needs a partner,but one that doesnt attack him.

we have had Bonnie a few weeks now,
update,
i have spoken to sooz who has sorted for us to return Bonnie to b.a.r.c. tommorow afternoon,

Is Bonnie neutered? My Bonnie R.I.P did that to Barnie as soon as she reached puberty. After she was neutered she stopped doing it.

Bonnie has been neutered for about 6 weeks now so it appears that the bond has broken down in their home environment and they are not compatable.

Thankfully BARC have a spare hutch so Bonnie will be going to see Aunty Tracy tomorrow evening as I'm too squished to have another foster bun at the moment with my garden renovations.

we have just been and dropped Bonnie off,at BARC,thankyou so much for taking her.
Coco is thumping away in his hutch as usual,sure the neighbours will be moaning again soon:roll::roll:
we are all very sad to let Bonnie go,she was just starting to gain our trust as well,shame she couldnt trust Coco,
good luck Bonnie,:)

Aaaaaw Sue that is such a shame but after seeing them both the other day and what she had done to him already before this latest spat I do think you have done the right thing. Coco was absolutely besotted with her, but not a lot can be done if the feelings aren't reciprocal. :( They are both beautiful rabbits and I'm sure the new home BARC have lined up will be perfect for her. I'll give Coco extra nose rubs when we come over to see him soon.:)

Back