• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and Cats?

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.

Do any of you have a house rabbit that lives alongside cats happily?

My Lola baby is not scared of the cats, she is intrigued and the cats tolerate her, my cats are old and placcid. I do of course supervise them together - as I dont want any of them stressing.

Does anyone have cats that are friends with rabbits?

Thank you!

HI :wave:

I have a pair of giants that roam free with my cat very happily. At first we got Nigel (my frenchie) as a friend for my cat because he hates other cats and won't tolerate them.
THey play together, roll around, chase and have great fun and sleep together under our bed. :)

My cats are scared of Elwood. I can't say i blame them , he sprays them with wee, jumps on them when sleeping to nick their beds and steals their food :lol::lol::lol:

I have two house rabbits and a cat. Oliver is brilliant with the bunnies - he has got used to being dive-bombed and chased by Bella, and I have no worries about him around them. That said, apart from nipping to see to the guinea pigs or down to the garage, I wouldn't leave them on their own for long periods as Tarquin is a very tiny rabbit and think he could be quite vulnerable - I don't think Ollie would mean to hurt him, but as T is so small, if Ol wanted to play with him (not that he does - he prefers to sleep :roll:) he could accidentally hurt him.

The bunnies are free range for about six hours a day during the week and 12+ hours at weekends, and Ollie is in the same room/rooms most of that time and there have never been any problems.

ETA: I would say that the rabbits rule the cat, rather than the other way round - Ollie likes a quiet life whereas the buns can be very cheeky and nosy and want to play :D

I have 3 house rabbits and a cat who ive had since a kitten.. he's now 1yr old.
He sits with the rabbits sometimes and Nala, a rabbit, often goes up to him for a sniff and he will often run away! When they are hopping about downstairs he will sometimes run at them or tap their bottom but only cos he wants to play.. if they turn round he usually rolls onto his back as if to show they are in charge! :lol::lol: I still wouldnt leave him unattended with them though.. cos you just never know ;)

When my rabbits used to live in the conservatory Herbie used to love chasing my cat and running in circles around her. My cat is old so didn't really bother, but she did tap him a few times but this made Herbie more excited. Shoe doesn't like Hollie and Rosie though as when she first saw them she thought they were cats.:lol:So she puffed her tail up and started meowing at them.

I have 2 house buns and 6 cats that all get on just fine. In fact one of my doopy raggies thinks he is there mum and needs to mother them I can tell you they are the best kept clean rabbits ever:lol::lol::lol::lol:.
Herbie one of my other raggies likes to nozzle them and the rabbits seem to love it.:D

Back