• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about Elsa :( U/D Sat 11:45

peediepixie

Mama Doe
She is laying down all strtched out, she never lets me stroke her but tonight I stroked down the full length of her body and she didn't move:( She has eaten some pellets and some dandelion leaves earlier. After I saw her stretched out I gave her a belly rub and I've tried to syringe some pineapple juice and some Infacol. I think she just let most of it dribble back out:? When I put her in the hutch she was obviously unimpressed at being dirty as she started cleaning her mouth. How worried should I be? I am stressing as I think Eddie died from stasis and I couoldn't bear Elsa to be ill now less than 2 weeks after Eddie:cry:

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't have any advice. It is good she is eating, Has she weed and pooed? Could she be lonley if her partner died recently?

I am sure someone with morre knowledge will be on soon.

Will she still eat? Try giving her something to see if she takes it, a few pellets?

Could it not be that she is simply more trusting? :) Does she look uncomfortable at all? When Bobbin had stasis he sat hunched up very tightly with his ears back a bit, and occasionally pushed his belly to the floor, but not in a relaxed lying down way.

Will she run about without you making her?

Hmm, I put a bowl with a few pellets down and she kind of grabbed the bowl but didn't eat any. I also offered her a dandelion leaf (her absolute favourite:)) but she didn't take it...

Elsa generally doesn't 'do' running:lol: She moved outside the hutch because I was pestering her to move but didn't move of her own accord:?

I would get her to the vet asap. Stress can bring on stasis and they can lie stretched out as well as hunching up. If shes refusing treats theres something wrong. :(
RIng the vet and get an opinion?

Claude has simalir symtoms last time by 11pm he was very poorly id tried 3 hours of infacol and tummy rubs but he didnt get better so he was taken to the vets at 11.20pm last night he had 3 injections and was ok by 6am this morning
Hope shes ok x

Just been out to check her again and she seems a bit better. Not stretched out anymore, sitting in the litter box. She hopped outside when I opened the lid. I forgot to mention:oops: that I moved her and Sammy into the hutch tonight out of their bonding pen. Not sure if the stress could have caused her to go a bit funny? They are getting on fine.

ETA- Elsa doesn't always take treats from me, she snaffles them after I'm gone. She is and always has been a very nervous bun:love:

I am sorry but cant offer any advice, but I hope the little one is ok. If I was you for my own piece of mind I would at the very least speak to my rabbit savy vet. Anyway best wishes and lots of vibes.

I would get her to the vets, not taking food that is put in front of her is not a good sign. Hope the vet can help and she picks up :)

I'm going in to the vets this morning. The vet last night suggested continuing with the syringes of water and getting her to move:? (no really good rabbit vets here) but she's still not right this morning. She's very lethargic and not taking food or treats. She is moving around when prompted but then just lies down again. Her tummy isn't hard at all:? Her eyes look a wee bit sticky, like a humans eyes when you've woken up in the morning. vibes guys!!! Please!

We got an appointment for 10:30. I've just tried to give her more water and somepineapple juice along with infacol but she didn't really take it. Think I'll just turn up early at the vets. Very worried now. :(

Last edited:
Well the vet thinks she may have a respiratory infection. She has had injections of antibiotic and antinflammatory. I have some antibiotic to put in their water and to give elsa seperately while she is not drinking willingly. I have just given her a few mls of water and 10 mls of science recovery. She's still got a bit of fight in her. Eddie had a respiratory infection about a year or so ago so I knid of know what I'm dealing with now. The vet noted her eyes are a bit sticky and red and that her gums were red too. When Eddie had it though I could hear him wheezing but I can't hear any noise from Elsa:? Anyway, I'll keep up with the syringing and see what tomorrow brings:(

Back