• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Squeaking Bunny???

KarinB

Warren Scout
Hi

One of my buns, Daisy, a female nethie, started making a strange squeaking noise yestreday. I first heard it when she was grooming her house mate, Smudge. I have just been out to feed them and she is still doing it. Smudge is a very grunty bunny but Daisy normally never utters a sound.

She looks fine and is eating well and happily playing in the garden right now.

The only way I can describe the sound is that of a monkey when it goes ooh ooh ooh!!!

Anyone got any ideas why she has started doing this?

Smudge is due at the vet's next week for his Myxo booster so I may take her down too.

Thanks in advance.

I guess quite young as B only 20months but dont think she did it for the first year.My last bun was very vocal so was quite disappointed when B never spoke to me!!:DIf you think the squeaking is something to worry about i guess i would take to vets to be on the safe side.Hope ive been some help.

ive got four bunnies two boys and two girls and only my girls make little noises which is a cross between a squeek and a grunt which is usually made when i want them to do some thing that they dont, like go to bed. it wasnt immediate that they made the noises but gardually over a fair few months. i have also read somewhere on this site that buns can make noises when they are happy like when they are eating. if she was making a noise whilst grooming the other, by all means get it checked out for your own piece of mind, but i wouldnt worry to much.

Back