• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ferret Poo!

debpayne

Young Bun
Hi, After losing Rolo to a fox a friend of ours has delivered to us a bag of her ferrets poo...she said it keeps foxes away. Has anyone else heard of this. It stinks to high heaven :?

Deb x

Hmmmm! Sounds interesting. Why would a ferret keep a fox at bay? I didn't think ferrets attacked foxes but I could be wrong - happy to be corrected :D. However, rabbits are ferret food! Do you think it might stress the buns having ferret poo nearby? They might think there's danger close by.

I've found something that says it keeps rats away but not foxes and this about using ferret poo to keep rabbits away
Two things spring to mind,ferret poo or Jeyes fluid in the burrows ,if they are commuting you will have to locate the bury
The other way is to plant one for you ,one for the rabbits a satisfying result
both well fed and rabbits to study
:shock:

Sooz - your post makes good sense. Ferrets would kill rats so ferret poo might keep them away. And as rabbits are ferret food, it should, theoretically, keep them away too!! I just don't see that it would work to keep foxes away - think you might be putting up with the stink for nothing :lol:

Back