• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another Rabbit..

Isis

Mama Doe
2 Weeks ago I got my 9week old Netherland Dwarf Casey, I have just had a good look and I am 100% sure he is male.. Casey lives inside and is very happy, but would it be an idea to get another Rabbit for him as a mate? I've just seen a rabbit that I have fallen in love with, I'm not sure what breed it is or the sex. This rabbit is younger then Casey but twice the size as him.

If it isn't an idea to put the two together I might just have the other outside in the garden.

Plenty of room in the garden :D

OMG I nearly cried, Casey banged his head on the corner of the his cage and was holding his eye shut :( I gave him some cuddles and now he is back to running around the room :love:

Plenty of room in the garden :D

OMG I nearly cried, Casey banged his head on the corner of the his cage and was holding his eye shut :( I gave him some cuddles and now he is back to running around the room :love:

Is Casey a smoke? He looks identical to my Nethie Jive!!!!! :D

Yeah he is :D

I have some other pics, but he looks evil with red eyes :lol: I'll just upload them and you can take a look.

022qp9.jpg

026jd2.jpg

Just to say that it's worth considering that the other might get lonely on its own in the garden - while Casey is on his own, at least he has you for company and entertainment.
Why not wait and get Casey neutered before looking for another bun? Or if you're really attached to this one you've seen, consider housing it in another room in the house until you can bond them so it's not quite so on its own?

100_0113.jpg

100_0114.jpg

Jive :love:

Casey is gorgeous :) I do love nethies... What breed is the other bunster? I get the attached feeling too... Could you get them a friend? Are they neutered?? Could you neuter them and THEN get them a pal??? ;)

wow they look so a like :love:
How old is Jive?

I think I might wait till I get him neutered before thinking about getting another bun :( I think if I came home every day with a new bunny my parents would go mad..

I'm guessing you've seen this bun in a petshop or somewhere similar?
You can always look around for a local rescue - I'm sure your parents won't object to you saving an animal in need and they'll probably even bond Casey with another bun (once he's recovered from his neuter) so you know they'll definately get along :)

Jive is about 2and a half to 3 months... Got all her details at home :D Aww how cute that they are so alike! Where did you get him?? :D

This other rabbit I have seen is where I work and have grown quite attached to it.. There isn't any rescue places around here, without travelling miles :(

Jive is about 2and a half to 3 months... Got all her details at home :D Aww how cute that they are so alike! Where did you get him?? :D

He also got him from the place I work, past colchester.. Casey is probably 12 weeks now, so about the same age..

Back